Torq Cut Backup, Dos 6.2 or DOS 6.22??

Thread: Torq Cut Backup, Dos 6.2 or DOS 6.22??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Torq Cut Backup, Dos 6.2 or DOS 6.22??

OK, I have a Torque Cut 22 with the transmission.
    I did not get the original Bridgeport Software disk.
    I ran MAKEDISK. BAT from the command prompt. It created the backup disk BUT these files were not found:
    PFM.EXE
    WM.EXE
    ACADMGR.BAT
    MACROS.EMB
    LEADCOMP.DAT

Machine is running Dos 6.2, Do I read correctly that you HAVE to run 6.2 and can't run 6.22? (I have 6.22, but not 6.2 and it appears not all of the DOS files are in the C:\DOS directory. I suspect the hard drive was replaced in the past but perhaps not all the files were restored to the drive.

Firstly, anyone with a Torq Cut 22 and the transmission run MAKEDISK and found they were missing these files?

What does the original Bridgeport Software disk cost? (I have the latest version I believe, BPC-MC=V4.79.22/6.89.57

Help with this appreciated. I wanted to also replace the hard drive with a DOM 256mb (Disk on Module) industrial IDE drive. I have done this before with another machine. And then just leave the hard disk in the machine disconnected as a back up besides the floppy.

Marty

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Marty_Escarcega; 12-17-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torq Cut Backup, Dos 6.2 or DOS 6.22??

I was able to install the DOM ok. The process appears to be that you must first install DOS on the drive, then run INSTALL from the floppy created with MAKEDISK.
    I would like to know about the missing files and whether or not there is a compatibility issue with Dos 6.22 and the Bridgeport software

Thanks
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Havent made any backups personally but mine has a transmission and came with disks pictured which are supposed to be all the latest firmware. If you want I can try to backup and upload anything you might need.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torq Cut Backup, Dos 6.2 or DOS 6.22??-20161218_084024-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

For anyone else interested here is a backup of my 1996 Torq Cut 22 with 7,500 RPM transmission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/93zjqpac7dkehgo/FLOPPY003.zip

Seems to be missing files BXT_GHLP.MSG and ACADMGR.BAT but otherwise has been working well for me so far.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hax0red View Post
    For anyone else interested here is a backup of my 1996 Torq Cut 22 with 7,500 RPM transmission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/93zjqpac7dkehgo/FLOPPY003.zip

Seems to be missing files BXT_GHLP.MSG and ACADMGR.BAT but otherwise has been working well for me so far.
    Thanks for sharing this with us Chris. What a great bunch of people, helping each other out!

Downloads
    Uploads

You are running Dos 6.22 just fine on your machine?

Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    OK, I have a Torque Cut 22 with the transmission.
    I did not get the original Bridgeport Software disk.
    I ran MAKEDISK. BAT from the command prompt. It created the backup disk BUT these files were not found:
    PFM.EXE
    WM.EXE
    ACADMGR.BAT
    MACROS.EMB
    LEADCOMP.DAT

Machine is running Dos 6.2, Do I read correctly that you HAVE to run 6.2 and can't run 6.22? (I have 6.22, but not 6.2 and it appears not all of the DOS files are in the C:\DOS directory. I suspect the hard drive was replaced in the past but perhaps not all the files were restored to the drive.

Firstly, anyone with a Torq Cut 22 and the transmission run MAKEDISK and found they were missing these files?

What does the original Bridgeport Software disk cost? (I have the latest version I believe, BPC-MC=V4.79.22/6.89.57

Help with this appreciated. I wanted to also replace the hard drive with a DOM 256mb (Disk on Module) industrial IDE drive. I have done this before with another machine. And then just leave the hard disk in the machine disconnected as a back up besides the floppy.

Marty
    I have a question, what is contained in the MACROS.EMB file? Does this have the homing sequence for the tool changer?

Downloads
    Uploads

You are running Dos 6.22 just fine on your machine?

Marty
    Sorry, I had a pretty long day yesterday but finally confirmed my machine is running 6.22 without issue.

Not sure about the macros file but in Mach 3 macros written in vbscript are used to control the tool changer either directly or indirectly via a PLC/something similar....not sure which is the case here though. Is your tooo changer running ok? I believe most of the adjustment is mechanical but the Z change height and dog drive position is setup through the tool changer menu. Retract height on mine is set to a fixed 4".

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torq Cut Backup, Dos 6.2 or DOS 6.22??-20161220_005017-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Marty, I would recommend making an image of the DOM to another drive using Acronis True Image, Clonezilla, or similar imaging software. My image is less than 5 megs. I simply pulled the DOM and put it in an old PC and made an image. I've even used the image a few times restored to an old pc when I wanted to hack around the system without risking the integrity of my machine, once I was happy with my changes I applied them to my machine.

I wouldn't trust a floppy long term.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hax0red View Post
    Sorry, I had a pretty long day yesterday but finally confirmed my machine is running 6.22 without issue.

Not sure about the macros file but in Mach 3 macros written in vbscript are used to control the tool changer either directly or indirectly via a PLC/something similar....not sure which is the case here though. Is your tooo changer running ok? I believe most of the adjustment is mechanical but the Z change height and dog drive position is setup through the tool changer menu. Retract height on mine is set to a fixed 4".
    Great! Thanks for confirming this
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

I was hoping MACTEC would chime in. What is the MACROS.EMB file?
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

I was hoping MACTEC would chime in. What is the MACROS.EMB file?
    Marty
    Agreed.
    My first step was to pull the data off the hard disk. MAKEDISK did that. I formatted the DOM, installed DOS, then ran INSTALL. Worked fine. My issue is that I did not have a MACROS.EMB file and I think Mactec said it was needed for homing the ATC. Asking for confirmation on that.

I'm still working on the machine (its running, just maintenance items). Hopefully I will learn to set it up and get it cutting parts soon.