Torq Cut Questions-ATC homing, Air manifold, default passwords - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torq Cut Questions-ATC homing, Air manifold, default passwords

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torq Cut Questions-ATC homing, Air manifold, default passwords

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You have need a 60A single phase supply the wiring that is in the machine is more than enough to support this, the VFD Drive is over rated for this machine, and is a very robust Drive, these where a special built VFD Drive to suit the spindle motors, they are not just a regular General purpose VFD Drive, they are closer to a Servo Drive and program the same way as a Servo Drive, like everything they have a life cycle, and will fail over time, no matter how they are used

Your spindle drive will fault out if there was a problem, before you will have any fuse or wiring problem, your spindle drive is as much as you want to pay for one, I would love to be able to get 6 or 7 thousand for one of these spindle drives, I have about fifty of them new in the box, I had so many of them I was selling them at a very low price at one time

Cap's in the Drives Yaskawa recommends there replacement every 2 years, but nobody does, when they do go most of the time they damage the boards making them not repairable if too badly damaged
    Well, you have our attention. How much do you sell the spindle drives for??

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for looking into my 60 software Mactec. I will try to get a photo uploaded within the next few days of the control cabinet. Since I bought the machine I have put in a new advantech motherboard (becuase I got a good deal on ebay) and added a DOM. Although I still have the old HDD that is functioning. I made a mirror image copy of the contents and have them stored on a windows PC. Unfortunately I do not have the original disks. Thought I was going to get them with the deal, but the previous owner couldn't find them. To the best of my knowledge I am the 3rd owner, the 2nd owner puchasing it from an auction back around the 2002 time frame and then couldn't (or didn't take the time) to figure out how to use it. Almost like buying a new machine!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nlh View Post
    Thanks for looking into my 60 software Mactec. I will try to get a photo uploaded within the next few days of the control cabinet. Since I bought the machine I have put in a new advantech motherboard (becuase I got a good deal on ebay) and added a DOM. Although I still have the old HDD that is functioning. I made a mirror image copy of the contents and have them stored on a windows PC. Unfortunately I do not have the original disks. Thought I was going to get them with the deal, but the previous owner couldn't find them. To the best of my knowledge I am the 3rd owner, the 2nd owner puchasing it from an auction back around the 2002 time frame and then couldn't (or didn't take the time) to figure out how to use it. Almost like buying a new machine!
    Just make sure you have a good copy, because if you loose this for any reason, you will never be able to get it again, we think that what you have, because it is the last number, you have add I/0 control, meaning you have extra M codes that could be used to do, or control other things like clamping Etc, see if you have this board in the cabinet, if you have, then that is why the different software, it's not a great photo, but you will see these 8 solid state relays, the board may have been removed also if it is not in the cabinet

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torq Cut Questions-ATC homing, Air manifold, default passwords-gt-auf-board-jpg  
    Last edited by mactec54; 11-23-2016 at 05:55 PM.
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    Well, you have our attention. How much do you sell the spindle drives for??
    The Handle you wanted we do not have anymore, Mike may have one at BPT Parts, we did have them but lot's of stuff that did not move was recycled 2 years ago

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

Here are a few pics of the inside of my control cabinet.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary, on the other hand, I have never really looked inside any other TC machine.

The small blue box on the left by the power supply is a programmable timing relay I added along with wiring to allow me to interface my HAAS indexer.

I apologize for the sideways pictures.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torq Cut Questions-ATC homing, Air manifold, default passwords-photo-4-jpg   Torq Cut Questions-ATC homing, Air manifold, default passwords-photo-3-jpg   Torq Cut Questions-ATC homing, Air manifold, default passwords-photo-1-jpg   Torq Cut Questions-ATC homing, Air manifold, default passwords-photo-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nlh View Post
    Mactec54,

Here are a few pics of the inside of my control cabinet.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary, on the other hand, I have never really looked inside any other TC machine.

The small blue box on the left by the power supply is a programmable timing relay I added along with wiring to allow me to interface my HAAS indexer.

I apologize for the sideways pictures.

Thanks
    No problem with the photos, I can rotate them when they open

You answered my question what was the Blue control above the power supply, and the Black cable, this machine was already wire for a 4th axes and has the cable in place, someone removed the 4th axes drive as the cable is there for it and these machines don't come with that cable unless it was installed

The only difference in the 2 different software will be just more I/0 which may also have been removed, or you may have an extra GP AUF Board, which if you open the panel that has the Bridgeport name on it, just 2 screws and it will swing open
    and take a photo of in there, this will show us if you have any extra I/0 in there

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow... that is really different than my machine.... What year/model is that?

Richard

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarMedia View Post
    Wow... that is really different than my machine.... What year/model is that?

Richard
    I think he said it is a 2000 TG1g

Judging from the Yaskawa drives it's an AC servo machine. Bet it's pretty zippy
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for the late reply guys. Been hectic here to say the least. Yes, this is a TC-1g, believe it to be around a `00. S/N TC1-0097 It's my understanding the TC1-4 series machines were only built between `98-`02 but please correct me on that mactec. It has Yaskawa AC servo's and drives on all 3 axis. 710ipm rapids, and I believe will feed up to 710ipm as well but never had the need to test.. Made a lot of parts with it since I picked it up a year ago from a customer. Also had a lot of headaches with repair/replacement items in that short time. It is so easy to setup and use vs my old clunky Mazak. Can honestly say I wish I had a TC2 or 3. On the other hand the Mazak is 33 years old and still makes parts. Can't complain about that either.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever find the cause of the air leak at the manifold?

Mine was doing the same thing and it turned out to be a blown seal in the Rotary Vane Actuator. I was having problem with gear changes and tracked it down to the RVA. A small amount of air was coming out of the lower muffler on the manifold and a rebuild of the RVA stopped that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Watkins View Post
    Did you ever find the cause of the air leak at the manifold?

Mine was doing the same thing and it turned out to be a blown seal in the Rotary Vane Actuator. I was having problem with gear changes and tracked it down to the RVA. A small amount of air was coming out of the lower muffler on the manifold and a rebuild of the RVA stopped that.
    Mine shifts fine. I have to double check on that leak and still need to run it again to do a video of the spindle running. I want to make sure the spindle noise is normal. I've been very busy testing Centroid CNC's new Acorn Step and Direction motion controller.

Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

I've just gotten mine running correctly and last week I bought a new Go Pro.. Sounds like the perfect time to do a comparison video and compare our machines

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Watkins View Post
    I've just gotten mine running correctly and last week I bought a new Go Pro.. Sounds like the perfect time to do a comparison video and compare our machines
    Agreed. I will try and muster the time to run it tomorrow and video/record it.

Marty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12