Newbie Looking at a Torq Cut 22 - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Looking at a Torq Cut 22

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking at a Torq Cut 22

Quote Originally Posted by dbtoutfit View Post
    After getting some help from George, he noticed the Z dropping (at least numerically) on a video I sent him, on the diag screen after trying to enable the Drives each time.
    The Z axes will drop if you try to enable the servo drives and they don't engage the motor correctly, what happens as soon as you apply power to the drives the Brake is disengaged so the Z axes is free to drop until the power is disconnected
    nothing unusual about this

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

BTW I have 240v across the two hots. Is this too high?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The Z axes will drop if you try to enable the servo drives and they don't engage the motor correctly, what happens as soon as you apply power to the drives the Brake is disengaged so the Z axes is free to drop until the power is disconnected
    nothing unusual about this
    Thx

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

BTW I have 240v across the two hots. Is this too high?
    As I said before the VFD is 200v to 230v, this would be my main concern that it is a little high, did you wire it as I said, this may help to balance the power to the VFD

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Its wired just like VFD. I think i made sure or did everytbing you suggested.

Downloads
    Uploads

Its wired just like Hax i ment not VFD.

Downloads
    Uploads

Its wired just like Hax i ment not VFD.

Mactec had mentioned it may be better and easier to jumper the third leg at the VFD terminals so I think that's what he meant:

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54
    Just found another way to do this which should work well

L1 and L2 for the main power input

Jumper R Terminal on the VFD to T Terminal and that would be all that is needed, L3 Line would still need to be attached to the T Terminal on the VFD

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok I will try

Downloads
    Uploads

I only have L1 and L2 hot (im sure you know this) So you saying hook L3 wire back to T (as if it was 3 Phase) and jumper from R to T on the VFD?

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok. Everything is still wired like hax and my orginal wiring. I now have attached L3 back to T and ran a jumper from R to T as in the photos. I will wait for a response before flipping the switch.Looking at a Torq Cut 22-20170218_105547-jpgLooking at a Torq Cut 22-20170218_105604-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok. Everything is still wired like hax and my orginal wiring. I now have attached L3 back to T and ran a jumper from R to T as in the photos. I will wait for a response before flipping the switch.Looking at a Torq Cut 22-20170218_105547-jpgLooking at a Torq Cut 22-20170218_105604-jpg

No you can't have it both ways, For your first try just Jumper R to T on the VFD, just leave for now L3 disconnected to the VFD, or you could get a feed back through L3 line

Make sure the L3 line to the VFD when disconnected is Taped up

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. I did so but error remains.

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone know how to make sure that the problem is the VFD and not some other component? All the Screen says is "Axis Drive Fault"
    Like in the Diagnostic screen? I would hate to ship this to be repaired and the VFD not be the problem is all.
    And why in the Hell cant not find what the error F-600 is anywhere in my VFD manual. If the problem is the 240v+ across my hots, how can I bring that down?
    TIA

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone know how to make sure that the problem is the VFD and not some other component? All the Screen says is "Axis Drive Fault"
    Like in the Diagnostic screen? I would hate to ship this to be repaired and the VFD not be the problem is all.
    And why in the Hell cant not find what the error F-600 is anywhere in my VFD manual. If the problem is the 240v+ across my hots, how can I bring that down?
    TIA
    I though you had fixed the VFD and was ready to run it again I posted what F-600 was, don't keep trying it, unless you have fixed it

Did you check FU1 and FU2 fuses also FU3 and FU4 these are on the Power Interface Card

For your Voltage you may find a Buck Booster Transformer or a regular Transformer should do the trick 220v Range should be a safer place to be

Does your machine home ok

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking at a Torq Cut 22-yaskawa-f600-fault-jpg  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

TIA
    I though you had fixed the VFD and was ready to run it again I posted what F-600 was, don't keep trying it, unless you have fixed it

Did you check FU1 and FU2 fuses also FU3 and FU4 these are on the Power Interface Card

Your machine should be fine though with you 240v

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there anyone still on here about this thread? I've got a TC22 that I bought from local tech school, and have had trouble with . Bought a 30hp American Rotary phase converter, 30 kva transformer that Iv'e tapped 240 delta to 208 wye because I didnt like the "wild leg", before I ever applied power. And now am getting a fault telling me that the BDCM is the wrong software. I would really appriciate any help. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tlhigham View Post
    Is there anyone still on here about this thread? I've got a TC22 that I bought from local tech school, and have had trouble with . Bought a 30hp American Rotary phase converter, 30 kva transformer that Iv'e tapped 240 delta to 208 wye because I didnt like the "wild leg", before I ever applied power. And now am getting a fault telling me that the BDCM is the wrong software. I would really appriciate any help. Thanks.
    I run 240v delta, I see no issues running 240v delta. Understand the wild leg is only in reference to ground, not between phases.

Generally when you change voltages on equipment you also need to change the control transformer. I'd start by either attempting on 240v or change your control transformer to 208v. It's possible the PC power supply is running low, causing the BCDM to not post correctly.

I'd also suggest re-seating the BCDM. It seems I've had to re-seat stuff every time I move a machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. I'll try the computer ps. I've already swapped motherboards, but still get the error. Only now did I find that I could have powered it from 240. Would've saved me around 3 grand if I'd of ran across this post in the beginning.Only gave 32 hundred for the machine. Hopefully the pc power supply is on the way out. I acquired a couple of spare NOS motherboards for in the future,didn't think about the ps being as old as the rest of the computer

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. I'll try the computer ps. I've already swapped motherboards, but still get the error. Only now did I find that I could have powered it from 240. Would've saved me around 3 grand if I'd of ran across this post in the beginning.Only gave 32 hundred for the machine. Hopefully the pc power supply is on the way out. I acquired a couple of spare NOS motherboards for in the future,didn't think about the ps being as old as the rest of the computer
    Did you changed the control transformer step down from 208v to 120v instead of 240v to 120v? It may not make a huge issue as most PC power supplies are fairly tolerant but if the voltage is low who knows.

Having a good RPC opens a lot of options for more equipment.

Exit to DOS and run B3T.EXE to test the BCDM board.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can run this machine on 240v Single phase, no RPC needed

Mactec54

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast