Newbie Looking at a Torq Cut 22 - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Looking at a Torq Cut 22

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking at a Torq Cut 22

I don't see anything in the VFD manual telling me where anything is as far as the boards so I assume F2 = FU2

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I put everything back together and reinstalled the VDF. Same error (F-600) but this time I pressed the Up button for ****s and giggles and it displayed F602.
    Behind the metal standoff that the VFD mounts to is a large (i think) capacitor. I mention it because the corrosion (white powder) is on the IDE cables below. May be irrelevant.
    I am grabbing at straws a bit I guess. Any body have any suggestions where I should go from here? TIA

Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure if you have the manual but it's available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxd...hTV2J1VXM/view Page 97 has a decent looking trouble shooting section, may want to start a step by step process if you haven't already. I looked at mine today and it appears someone was in there at one time or another(missing screw or two) but my machine was definitely run on 3 phase since 2001 and I believe it had quite a bit of use before landing here.

I also found another guy with a 626 and the 602 fault that solved his problem by fixing a frayed serial cable: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/servo-...m3-help-2.html

Last edited by hax0red; 02-04-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Forgot to mention I did find a company that seems to specialize in repairing the Yaskawa 626: REPAIR CIMR-VMW2015 Yaskawa Spindle Varispeed 626VM3

Downloads
    Uploads

Thx hax. I have the VFD manual and I saw that post but my ribbon is fine

I have been running a meter around. I have 242-243 (its back and forth every second) across L1 and L2 coming in and 123v on each from ground.
    I have 123v incoming on CR3 Contactor on L1 and L2 but nothing coming out, even after I push in the button and the VDF comes up, I do not get an voltage reading, nor at the R and S. Idk if its my meter or what the deal is.
    Seems fishy. Any logic to why I am not getting any readings coming out of the CR3 contactor?

Downloads
    Uploads

Crap coming from the capacitor above.
    Looking at a Torq Cut 22-20170204_132824-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hax, have you ran yours much on single phase 240? After talking to the previous owner I am going to try and borrow a Phase converter as a last resort. It might be awhile but I will report back.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dbtoutfit View Post
    Crap coming from the capacitor above.
    Looking at a Torq Cut 22-20170204_132824-jpg

Yaskawa recommends that the cap be changed every 2 years, this is a normal problem, if you catch them before they damage the boards, then they are easy to repair, if they have done to much damage then most times its a complete replacement

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hax, have you ran yours much on single phase 240? After talking to the previous owner I am going to try and borrow a Phase converter as a last resort. It might be awhile but I will report back.
    A RPC is a bad idea for these machines, a Phase Perfect is fine but no other type can be used

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Yaskawa recommends that the cap be changed every 2 years, this is a normal problem, if you catch them before they damage the boards, then they are easy to repair, if they have done to much damage then most times its a complete replacement
    This is coming (just to make sure I'm being clear) from a capacitor that isn't part of the VFD. I think it's the break capacitor.

Think one of the VFD boards is bad?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    A RPC is a bad idea for these machines, a Phase Perfect is fine but no other type can be used
    The previous owner said he ran it 10 hrs 3days a week for years on a RPC. I will check which one he used. I don't know that running it single phase 240 hasn't caused this issue. Would be an expensive mistake if this cost me 2 VFDs. Not sure what other option I have if single phase 240 won't work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

The previous owner said he ran it 10 hrs 3days a week for years on a RPC. I will check which one he used. I don't know that running it single phase 240 hasn't caused this issue. Would be an expensive mistake if this cost me 2 VFDs. Not sure what other option I have if single phase 240 won't work.

There are hundreds of people running there machines on 240v single phase without any problems

Running it on single phase did not cause your problem, the previous guy was lucky, what you are seeing now may well be the result from having been run by the RPC, we sell lots of parts to those that use RPC on these machines, and not so much to those that use single or 3ph, the wild leg on a RPC can be nasty to any CNC machine it not controlled very well

Your problem is most likely old age of the electronics or from being stressed from the use of the previous RPC used

I would expect other parts also to fail as well, your starter most likely failed because you where trying to make it work, your VFD had a short so this affected the starter

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks good to know. now just got to figure what to do from here. I'd like to test it first some how.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks good to know. now just got to figure what to do from here. I'd like to test it first some how.

First you have to fix the VFD and any other damaged parts, the VFD fault said what the problem was, you can't just keep trying things in hope it is going to some how fix it's self , it could by trying different things do more damage to other parts, your machine was running until this part failed, if it was not age of what has failed it was over voltage the VFD should have a max of 230v, so anything above this number would be putting the VFD at risk of failure

Your machine has 2 transformers and a VFD these are what is powered by the input power, it's very simple each transformer has a 220v / 240v single phase power input, the VFD is the only part of your machine that normally has a 3ph power supplied to it, and will run just fine on 220v to 230v single ph power supply

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

What are my best options?
    ($3k for a 22 year old VFD is not in the cards for me.)
    Can this be repaired by an avrg Joe?
    Is it possible to retro fit a new model VFD? What makes this one "special" if any?
    TIA

Downloads
    Uploads

What are my best options?
    ($3k for a 22 year old VFD is not in the cards for me.)
    Can this be repaired by an avrg Joe?
    Is it possible to retro fit a new model VFD? What makes this one "special" if any?
    TIA

Retro fit not likely, these drives are special, they are a cross between a servo Drive and a VFD drive, and are programed like a servo drive not a VFD

Price may be able to do a deal, I would have to talk to my business partner, I have ( 1 ) here in TN and 55 in IN, I will see if we have any for parts, they are repairable but most charge the same as a new one, we are the only place that has these VFD Drives that are new in the box

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Wish I had but at this point it's only seen about 3 hours continuous since going single phase. It's proven to be quite a bit louder than I had hoped so it likely wont see regular use until after the detached garage is finished. As for the VFD, I would try cleaning the PCB with something like simple green and replacing the leaky capacitors. I really hope it turns out to be something simple otherwise it may be cheaper to sell the electronics off the machine and go with a mach or linuxcnc conversion....I've seen VFD's for $500+ and servos for around the same price on ebay. The real problem is buying all the correct components/executing the conversion and from what I read the tool changer will be quite a bit of work if it's an absolute must have.

Plan to have a look at my VFD when I get some spare time. Will upload cap photos for comparison.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks i did see any leaky/swollen caps

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

After getting some help from George, he noticed the Z dropping (at least numerically) on a video I sent him, on the diag screen after trying to enable the Drives each time.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast