Newbie Looking at a Torq Cut 22 - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Looking at a Torq Cut 22

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking at a Torq Cut 22

Quote Originally Posted by forhire View Post
    Did you changed the control transformer step down from 208v to 120v instead of 240v to 120v? It may not make a huge issue as most PC power supplies are fairly tolerant but if the voltage is low who knows.

Having a good RPC opens a lot of options for more equipment.

Exit to DOS and run B3T.EXE to test the BCDM board.
    Having an RPC can be a disaster for most CNC machines

The Main T1 and T2 Transformers don't have a 120v tap

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking at a Torq Cut 22-torq-cut-transformer-wiring-png  
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yea, I know that now. That's what I'm gonna do now. The RPC came in handy though as I've picked up a Supermax YCM 1 1/2 and a Yang lathe that needed 3 phase, but decided that I needed to get the Bridgeport off of it. The more I've been reading, the more that I think the issues that I've been having are all related to using the RPC with it. Wish that I'd have sat down with the wiring diagrams and done a bit more research . Plus , I wasn't aware that the Yaskawa drive would run on 240v. single phase. I tried a few models of the Allen Bradley's at work, as well as Fanuc's and ABB's and none of them would run on it ,or, I didn't have the parameters properly set. All of the Woods drives that I tried worked fine, but with diminished output. Never even thought to look at the wiring diagrams on the machine, other that the transformer taps. Wish that I'd have not been so anxious to get it going. Thanks for al of the suggestions from everyone. Ive read a bunch of your (mactec) postings and machineteks. it's great that all you guys are so willing to help new comers and novices.

Last edited by tlhigham; 05-02-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone. Have a Torqcut that is giving me fits. Thought the issue may have been the RPC so I followed mactek54's instructions ,( Thanks very much mactek),and rewired it to 240 single phase, When it goes to start it says " INCOMPATIBLE SOFTWARE VERSIONS DETECTED, You MUST RE-LOAD the executive software by selecting <F9>, LDmdcSW from the initial menu. Hit any key to clear this message. Does anyone have a clue to what it means? Ive got a spare BMDC board coming for in case, but don't want to risk anything. Before the trouble started I had gotten a DOM from EMI, and it appeared ok at first, than this.Looking in the manual it says to contact BMI for updated software. Could something have happened to the DOM? Any help is appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Probably wasn't clear. The error was the reason for re-configuring to single phase, as I'd read a Bunch of things warning about RPC on cnc equipment, even though before I purchased the RPC I spoke with American Rotary and was assured it would be fine. What I can't find the answer to however is is it the software thats on the DOM, or whats programed into the BDCM.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks, the information stil useful now

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567