Want to import DXF on EZ Trak Series 1

Thread: Want to import DXF on EZ Trak Series 1

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Want to import DXF on EZ Trak Series 1

New to the forum, searched for topics on DXF with EZ Trak. Didn't find anything. I want to be able to import a DXF and execute it on the EZ Trak. There is a reference in my manual to that function but when I press F3 after the edit (5) keys, nothing happens. Can anyone give me a pointer? Is this about software versions? My machine is 1997. I have EZ_trak 6.--+5.78 but have NOT INSTALLED. Is that my solution?

Thanks,

Tom

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Want to import DXF on EZ Trak Series 1

You need a CAM program such as mastercam, surfcam, etc. that will read the DXF file and convert it to G-Code. Usually when you buy a CAM program, they will provide a post processor to adapt their G-Code to the code the Ez Trak will accept. The ez trak uses the same post processor as the boss 9.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Want to import DXF on EZ Trak Series 1

Thank you reabdet21. It's the conversion to G-Code that the EZ Trak loves that has been a problem. I was trying for the direct DXF rad to solve that problem. Turns out (thank you EMI) that the DXF feature is only available in V7 of the software. No guarantee that is works as the testing was not complete. I have a copy of that software coming.

I also chased BobCat around and it looks like they have the G-Code post for EZ Trak.

Very helpful to know that this is the same post used by Boss9.

Thanks again for your help.