Need Help! Bridgeport interact 316 problems

Thread: Bridgeport interact 316 problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport interact 316 problems

I recently acquired a Bridgeport Interact 316 with Fanuc controller. I had a corrupted part program in the machine and lost some of the parameters when I preformed the procedure to clear the program from memory. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a parameter list so that I can reset the parameters for the machine?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport interact 316 problems

At the time I was working on it I was trying to create a program to load the tool carousel, which looks like this according to my manuals.
    O0001;
    T0 M06;
    M30;
    I had that program, but it kept throwing an error code 78 when I tried to run it, which is defined as: A program number or a sequence number which was specified by address P in the block which includes an M98, M99, M65 or G66 was not found
    I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong here so I can load the tool carousel.
    I may be able to get the parameters from the machine shop I bought the machine from or they may be able to tell me where to get them from.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been able to acquire a factory setup document for a Interact 316 that has the parameters in it. I put in the parameters I was certain were missing, but unfortunately I lost more of the parameters than I thought. I'm going through the list now and putting them in, but it will be a day or 2 before I'm done. Next I need to get a better understanding of using a Fanuc OM controller so this doesn't happen again. I will probably also need to reset the M06 macro because I think it was corrupted as well, but I was able to acquire a copy of the macro with the parameters so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hit a major problem with the parameters. It appears that the 0900 parameters were corrupted, and it appears that these parameters could be causing my problem. The machine when booted acts like the e-stop switch is down (the not ready flashes in the lower left corner and the diagnostic 0701 shows an e-stop, reset or external reset switch pressed), but the e-stop works and has power so I don't think that is it. I can no longer get to the operators panel to change mode or control the machine. If anyone has the 0900 parameters for a Bridgeport interact 316 or 412 with the Fanuc controller it would really help, or even just have the parameter definitions.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So things went better today than anticipated I was able to enter some parameters into the 900-915 locations using this document that I found here, but I don't have it all quite perfect yet. I'm still missing the operator's message panel, my z axis doesn't want to be referenced with the x and y axis, and the program start button throw lights the red error button when pressed, but I can move the machine in the x, y, and z axis, and the power on button works so I'm a lot closer than I was. I need to reset the grid shift and backlash for the machine, but I can figure that out with the information I have. I'm slowly getting closer to a working machine. If anyone knows anyone who works on cnc machines in the central Oklahoma area, has experience with this generation Fanuc controlled Bridgeports it would really help me to talk to somebody about this. The former tech how used to work on the machine appears to have retired and I haven't been able to find anyone how does cnc repair in my area.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have movement on all 3 axis now, but while I can reference the z, and x axis the y axis always overruns the reference point and hits the extreme limit. I can see the reference bit switch to 1 (diagnostic adress x17.5), but when the y axis reaches that point even when manual referencing and I release the button so motion will stop it will continue moving until it hit the extreme limit switch. I was able to enter the tool change macros and everything looks good there, but I can't test it until I reference my y axis.
    It would really help if someone knew how these axis referenced my only experience is with an older Hurco cnc that used a single proximity switch for both reference and limit switch. Since this machine uses 3 switches I'm not really sure how it works. I know which switch is which, but I don't know exactly what condition has to be met to reference the axis. So I don't know if the switch is sticky (the previous owner said this would happen with the x and z axis) or if there is something set wrong.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I almost have the machine working. I have successfully referenced all 3 axis, and I have the left tool changer working. The right tool changer was broken when I bought the machine and was supposed to have all the parts, but it was missing the forward proximity switch, and the good gearbox had a broken tooth. I was able to find replacement parts for those, and when they get here I should be able to make the right tool changer work. I was able to find a guy here in town to look over what I was doing on the machine and he gave me a better list of the 900 parameters, and some good advice on how to set the last few custom parameters on the machine. So I should have it working in a week or 2.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hate the unfinished post on the forums so I decided to come back and finish this post. I have the machine working and have completed my second small job on it. Both tool changers work, and I'm starting to get over the new to CNC operation learning curve.
    I only have a couple little issues with it. I'm trying to figure out the program restart feature in the Fanuc OM controller, but the manuals aren't that great at explaining it. I'm also having trouble with chip clearing. The machine when I got it had only 1 tool changer working as I said earlier, and it had 2 flexible plastic coolant nozzles on the other side. When I fixed the other tool changer I had to remove the nozzles because they interfered with the second tool changer. I found the original coolant nozzles in a parts box (I'm still a little amazed that they were there) they are slotted pipe plugs that spray a fan, which works well for lubrication, but in heavy cutting doesn't have enough force to move the chips. The only ideas I can come up with are to try something like some of these https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/92177427 which are a little pricey, or run some piping way up on the spindle to clear the tool changers and mount a normal plastic coolant nozzle up there. Any help or ideas on these little issues would be appreciated. I can post pictures if needed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I just found out that the QPM nozzles I was looking at in the MSC link are sold 5 to a pack since I was going to need 2 paying $40-60 depending on sales was to much, but paying that much for 5 isn't to bad so I might be getting a package of those to try. The coolant system has plenty of pressure, but the current setup just doesn't take advantage of it.

Downloads
    Uploads

i need oparations manual for int 316

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a scan of my manual, I have the parts, and both programming manuals if you want them as well.Bridgeport interact 316 problems-bridgeport-interact-316-operations-manual-pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

you do Have Electric Schemat for Interact 316
    Thanks for Manual

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do I will post the parts manual when I have finished scanning it in.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gaheiras View Post
    I do I will post the parts manual when I have finished scanning it in.
    ok thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have the manual scanned but it's to large to upload through cnczone PM me and we can see about getting you a copy of the file.

Downloads
    Uploads

ok

Last edited by wojtekthx; 10-30-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

ok

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys,

I have Bridgeport INT316 and due to a battery failure i have lost all my parameters and PLC program.

Do you know a way how to recover them?

Thanks!