TC22 ( Torq Cut 22 ) Probe. ( Wildhorse Inivations ) - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TC22 ( Torq Cut 22 ) Probe. ( Wildhorse Inivations )

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TC22 ( Torq Cut 22 ) Probe. ( Wildhorse Inivations )

Hi, like others here, I have a Torq-Cut 22 with a DX-32 control and a Wildhorse probe. The probe works electromechanically - it will touch a surface and record a point. I cannot figure out how to enter a useful tip diameter, though, and if that information is in this thread, I missed it. When I call up a tool # and install the probe, say #24, and give that # a diameter in the tool table, the display shows "probe" and the diameter following it. However, I seem to be able to put any number in that field without affecting the location of a probed point. I also tried entering a diameter in the appropriate field in a Geometry calculation and then going back to probing from the jog menu - again, no effect on the measured point... Any ideas?

TIA!

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, forhire - I tried to reply to you and got the following:

"forhire has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Thanks,

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mark McDade View Post
    Hi, forhire - I tried to reply to you and got the following: "forhire has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
    CNCZone has a very small inbox allocation. I sent you a PM with the URL for the software and manual.

Downloads
    Uploads

The DX32 control has some parameters for the probe behavior. "Post Hit Continuation" and "Back Off Distance" which you might need to tune for your probe. I haven't fooled with these yet since I haven't bought a probe yet

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by arsenix View Post
    The DX32 control has some parameters for the probe behavior. "Post Hit Continuation" and "Back Off Distance" which you might need to tune for your probe. I haven't fooled with these yet since I haven't bought a probe yet
    There are three, 014, 015 and 016. I have played around with 15 and 16 and they don't seem to do anything (14 is probing speed and I didn't change it). I'm still puzzled that there doesn't seem to be a parameter or input field that allows compensation for probe diameter...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234