bridgeport vmc 760/22

Thread: bridgeport vmc 760/22

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default bridgeport vmc 760/22

Ok so store goes bought vmc at auction of which owner died etc... under looking at the machine it was obvious that someone had been looking into issue that im having, there was a password on machine of which someone on here was kind enough to help with and that got me rolling... at this point in time the machine looks to size up to a good machine, I have replaced cpu from old dx32 mb to p3 650 MHz with 500mb ram and new hardrive etc all is good on the home front stability looks good and no crashing... the issue I have now is spindle will fault out and not upto speed in time because of parameters on cpu and tuning in drive etc... feedback loops are all messed up... my thing is why worry about out dated dos. I like mach 3 and abilities It is expandable and can become true closed loop as well but is much newer and user friendly!!! im looking to integrate a controller for simodrive 611 and analog drives and all feedback etc, I have lots of candidates and fair pricing... as of now im going to still mess around with feedback and get original to work and leave as much intact as possible, but I want to tye in a new system to work in parallel with old, anybody have any feedback on ideas... I want to make a separate bus with the old and power down the old but tye into it with new as to use old as backup....

Similar Threads:
    [b]Ten dumb questions always fuel a good one![/b]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: bridgeport vmc 760/22

if there is anybody with exp with CSMIO/IP-A Ethernet Motion Controller (+/- 10V) 6 axis and or machmotion interpreter 1000 controller both of which are what I would like or very close!!! im just looking for any down sides. These will control siemens simodrive 611 rack with spindle as the main concern???? just wondering if the spindle can still be addressed as s 500 m3 when using one of the (6) +-10 volt signals??? xyz being three of them and spindle and C&B axis being the others> I do realize that the thread first started off on a vmc760 note... so I could really still use and ideas on the spindle not up to speed issues and wondering if there anybody with any numbers for all there peramiters for s axis feedback servo and differential gain encoder counts and resolution etc... and or guidance as to which section of the 900 page pdf for simodrive on tuning spindle???

Downloads
    Uploads

The only time I ever received that error was when the spindle encoder started to die. Mine would run very hot and then fault out with the spindle not up to speed error. New encoder fixed that issue.and runs cool now. I have Yaskawa spindle drive though.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have found that spindle will run to any speed that is commanded but the override is set to 125% and the actual speed readout is off.... it is obvious that encoder resolution and setting in peramiters are not correct??? not to sure if when I installed dos and setup vmc if I chose correct peramiters file for what I have etc...I thought I had a good back up of what was there before I did format but possible I did mess something up... but I have all axis working but spindle now so I hoping all else will cooperate as well as the rest... just messing around till something gives, tool changer looks like it will work just fine other then air leak and pnmatics are a bit messed and the drawbar messed as well

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Today I was reading the manual and noticed that there some parts missing, all of section 4 for the most part... I noted that the manual was released for bdmc version 5 of which im at version 6.89???? when I run spindle the axis drive does not fault but for external signaling to do so... Im sure that the spindle feed back and control coming from bdmc are not correct and send external command to stop... I think if I had the rest of section 4 it would help a lot??? im going to look into encoder counts and parameters for spindle etc...also scaling of 0-9 volts to velocity signal

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

well things went as I thought they would and I had spindle working for the first time since ive owned the machine now all else is work fine as well, that is until I messed things up again lol... ticks me off because the spindle sounds and looks great but I over wrote some params when I loaded from A: drive disc etc... and screwed things a bit but got most back but spindle again and now seems to have a bit of a different issue but I think that might be a topic for a new thread......feels like im talking to my self on here because I go off on a tangant, but new at this forum stuff!!! but with out this place I would be lost in space!

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 1000/30, unfortunately these machines are very few and far between in north america. And parameters are usually a one off for each machine. If you don't have/can't find the original params files or printouts it's a crapshoot getting them to run. What year machine is it? More info would be very helpful.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The machine is a 95... I have backups of params and not to worried about getting things back to the way they should be... just don't want to spend more time then I need to etc... the crap part is the manual is not intact and I think the most important part is missing... frustrating. I should say by backups im mean backed to the day I got machine of which spindle did not work, but from there I had spindle working, till I messed it up... I have a plan but yet to try???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

so today I used the solid state drive that came with the cnc and put it into the picture... down loaded and overwrote what I messed up, with that said I got things back to where they where and like I thought params for encoder counts and feedback loops where screwed... I messed with things a bit and got the following error and commanded dac to become the most stable I have seen yet and made sure to reboot when I would save params changed. I noticed it takes a bit to respond when changed... its like bdmc recalibrates itself based off numbers you tell it but takes a reboot to take effect... which makes sense... now I have just a few more problems I don't seem to get the relationship between spindle home postion and home offset... also the spindle is set at 125% override and don't know how to put it @100 % and at lower speeds say for 1000 rpm @125% the speed is 1250.. sounds good but at 2000 3000 4000 5000 the actual rpm is amplified error and 5000 command gives 5800 or so??? I get what is going on just not sure the best way to deal with it... but as of now the spindle and run time and speed control seem to be on the correct track!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a problem with my 760 machine with heidenhain 2500 control.I've re-entered the machine parameters but I dont know how should I set the spindle position (M19) for tool change working.
    Where should I set the position angel of spindle?
    Can anyone help me?

Downloads
    Uploads

No product or service can be given to the region

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you mean?

Downloads
    Uploads