Need Help! TLO Tool Offsets Zeroed and Fixture Offsets Lost on Power Down DX-32 Torq-Cut 30

Thread: TLO Tool Offsets Zeroed and Fixture Offsets Lost on Power Down DX-32 Torq-Cut 30

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TLO Tool Offsets Zeroed and Fixture Offsets Lost on Power Down DX-32 Torq-Cut 30

Experienced a new thing this morning. Powered down the machine last night after running a custom fixture base for a large piece run. Came in this morning and all the fixture offsets were at the max travel position and also all the TLOs were reset to zero. This seems like maybe some sort of a memory/battery back-up issue, but I don't think the problem is related to the PC side because no problem booting to the solid state disk on module this morning and the date and time show correct on the screen. I also would have though the tool and fixture offsets are stored in non-volatile memory.

Anybody have any insight as to how it might have lost these? I haven't tried powering down again to see if it repeats yet I have to get some parts out the door.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TLO Tool Offsets Zeroed and Fixture Offsets Lost on Power Down DX-32 Torq-Cut 30

As with any PC, do a scandisk and a defrag. I believe you have either a corrupted file or possibly a corruption of the CMOS telling the control how to read the mass memory device (hard drive, DOM)
    Corrupted files are saved as FILE0001.CHK (EXAMPLE). I then look at the corrupted file in edit to see what it was. Based on what I find, I may nuke the device, format, load DOS, software and machine parameters.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TLO Tool Offsets Zeroed and Fixture Offsets Lost on Power Down DX-32 Torq-Cut 30

Didn't have the problem this morning so hopefully it was just a temporary fluke. I was not aware that the DOM needed to the typical hard disk disk maintenance. I assumed the controller would manage it. I'll take a look over the weekend as you suggest. So the tool and fixture offsets are on the PC side and not within the CNC control. Are those in a particular human readable file out of curiosity?

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge Machinetek. I and I'm sure a great number of others are appreciative of your assistance in keeping our machines productive. Let us know if if we can ever lend a hand to you.