Problem Bridgeport Display

Thread: Bridgeport Display

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport Display

Hello, I have a bridgeport vmc 760 22 and I have been putsing around with it trying to get it hooked up for a little while now. From the time I got it I found that every so often the screen would flicker every now and then and it has progressively gotten worse since then to the point where now when I start up the machine the screen shows up fine for about 3-5 seconds and then flickers uncontrollably and then the monitor goes blank and the power light on blinks on and off. I have hooked up another monitor to the machine and almost the same thing happens, except that the new monitor just cuts out and then comes back on a few seconds later instead of flickering. What I want to do now is intall a new motherboard, which I recieved 3 motherboards for the thing when I bought it. I want to know if these olds dos computers save stuff on the motherboard that can get lost. I don't really want to pop out the motherboard and then screw myself, because I do not have a copy of the boss software or dos and I am incabable of making a backup disk now since I can't get the monitor to work. Also I don't think that the graphics card is the problem, since it works fine for a second or too and then cuts out. All the graphics cards that I have seen fail in my time do some sort of tearing or just stop working all together. If anyone has any insight to my problem I would be very grateful for any advice.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

It may be a graphics card. Just remove it from the mother board, clean the edge connector with a soft eraser and put it back in.
    The mother board has CMOS settings. These are the settings for time, date, memory, type of hard drive, floppy, etc. There is typically a battery that backs this up and it is also on the mother board.
    The DOS and machine software is on the hard drive. You lode that if you have a hard drive crash or a nasty virus.

George

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have taken the graphics card out and blown it off with air and put it into different ports on the motherboard, but I did not try the eraser trick. I will give it a go. Also I found the same graphics card on ebay for like 60 bucks, Voodoo3 2000. Too bad people are all into rebuilding dos machines for playing stupid out of date games or this card would only cost like 5 bucks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got this problem and was solved replacing the power supply. On the motherboard the LEDs shows as all voltages are ok, but any way i replaced the p/s and it solved the problem.