BTC clubhouse!#*$! - Page 19

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast

Thread: BTC clubhouse!#*$!

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face BTC Gear Change

Jack Look at the switches in the "Shoe Box" on the right side of the head there are at least three switches in it that run on cam's on the end of the back gear quill you should find one of them with the arm bvroken of bent out of adjustment I fought this for a while and finaly a $6.00 micro switch fixed it . With the lig off and call for a tool /speed change that requires back gear and you should see the cam try to turn and lock in if you twist the cam with a screwdriver it should lock in Good luck Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

Question BTC Gear Change

Do you have a Mnt. Manual If not let me know and maybe I can Email pages with trouble shooting I think the shoe box would still be worth a look you could have a broken switch and If it is open the spindel will not accept comands Try M19 to orent the spindel that requires the spindel to go to back gear and watch what is going on in the shoebox Good Luck Kevin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Kevin.

I do have a copy of M168, maintance manual. Can't call the section at the moment but recall the BLC/BSC switch setting procedure starts with "enter ODT" and turn on the unlatch sol and turn off the Low and Neutral sol's. Had to force a "halt" by unplugging K7 on the RSS board, and am able to connect using Windows HyperTerminal. I found the address for unlatch and neutral sol's but not for Low. I have had the shoe box open for a few days now. Will check for supply and response voltage at the 3 shoe box switches tommrow.

On a good note, I compeleted the 1st paying job on the BTC the other day. Had to finish the last 40 parts in low gear only, but finished.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone point me in the rieght direction. I'm getting error code "202 - tool change in setup". Where does the setup signal come from?
    Thanks for your help
    Jac

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    My name is Pat Farmer and I had two BTC-1 that I parted out. Do you know of anyone interested in parts for these machines. You can call me at 339-927-3015 or email me at patfarmer@gmail.com any time between 8an-11pm Eastern.
    Pat

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    My name is Pat Farmer and I had two BTC-1 that I parted out. Do you know of anyone interested in parts for these machines. You can call me at 339-927-3015 or email me at patfarmer@gmail.com any time between 8an-11pm Eastern.
    Hi

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Everybody,

Been a long time since I been on here. I have a bunch of tool holders that I have listed on Ebay.

Bridgeport BTC1 Tool Holders | eBay.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me

Thanks
    Tony

Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Re: BTC clubhouse!#*$!

Hi Guys and Gals,
    I am clearing out all of the parts that I don't use or will never get around to using. I have spare boards and servo drives available on Ebay right now.

Here is a link to the Contraves servo drives. Click on see other items in the listing for the rest of the stuff.

Feel free to contact me with any questions either thru here or Ebay.

Mike

Contraves NC 400 Servo Drives with Card Rack Bridgeport BTC 1 Boss | eBay

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BTC clubhouse!#*$!

Hello guys and Gals,

I'm looking for some parts for a BTC. Specifically, looking for the entire knee crank elevation shaft assembly, from the bevel gear to the knee crank holder. And maybe a spare servo motor.

Dan
    tpt100t@yahoo.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Look's Like its been over a year since anyone posted on this thread how about a new role call? I'm still making chips with mine and I know Jon P and Totally RC are as well Saw Hi everybody don't be shy Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Kevin, yea not much activity here anymore, not many people using the BTC's, we still use our two but we have a Torqcut 3G that has taken the load off the BTC's but they keep going , the Y axis's are a little loose but otherwise they are amazing machines for their age.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Kevin,
    My BTC is still making parts, sometimes 100s, sometimes 2 or 3. The few times I've had problems the great people in this group have helped me solve them.
    Chip

Downloads
    Uploads

I love mine.

Mike

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Mothers Day From the soggy South West Corner Of Iowa Hope everyone is well been a rough winter and will be a long summer . A lot of you may have moved on but keep in touch share projects and repairs. I need to attend to a back lash problem in the Y axis hope its a simple fix. I have also noticed a drift issue while in set up mode maybe Jon P can help me seems to move or creep while I'm in set up loading program or setting tool offsets. Maybe will be related to the backlash issue ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow,l its been a while since this thread had much activity, we still have two BTC's don't use them as much as we did at one time but one or the other gets used at least once a week, they still seem to be in fair health for there age. Kevin on the Y axis is the display moving when the axis is drifting ? if so it maay be an adjustment on the servo amp, if not it may be an encoder problem on the Y axis motor. we had the coupler between the motor and encoder come loose one time. Call me if you continue to battle it, Good Day Everyone Jon P.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey folks! first post (in an old thread, sorry). I recently acquired a BTC1 in decent shape and have yet to power it on because I have no 3 phase power. I plan to convert it to modern electronics and use LinuxCNC to control it. However, I'd like to at least get the current non-3-phase stuff powered up to see if I can utilize the serial interface and perhaps not retrofit the whole machine. I can't seem to find the Maintenance manual anywhere though it is apparently available somewhere according to this thread. Any help there would be greatly appreciated. Also, I thought it might be true that the only thing needing 3 phaser power was the spindle motor, and I do see 3 phase going to the volkman, but I also see three legs going to the giant transformer which then feeds to... well, I have no idea. I'm wondering if I can just unhook the wires to the volkman and power up the rest of the machine on single phase 220? Thanks for any help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by oldcarguy85 View Post
    Hey folks! first post (in an old thread, sorry). I recently acquired a BTC1 in decent shape and have yet to power it on because I have no 3 phase power. I plan to convert it to modern electronics and use LinuxCNC to control it. However, I'd like to at least get the current non-3-phase stuff powered up to see if I can utilize the serial interface and perhaps not retrofit the whole machine. I can't seem to find the Maintenance manual anywhere though it is apparently available somewhere according to this thread. Any help there would be greatly appreciated. Also, I thought it might be true that the only thing needing 3 phaser power was the spindle motor, and I do see 3 phase going to the volkman, but I also see three legs going to the giant transformer which then feeds to... well, I have no idea. I'm wondering if I can just unhook the wires to the volkman and power up the rest of the machine on single phase 220? Thanks for any help!
    Are you still with us I hope everyone is !! Talked to Jon P and Totally RC lately any one else out there or has everyone moved up or on ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Taylor View Post
    Are you still with us I hope everyone is !! Talked to Jon P and Totally RC lately any one else out there or has everyone moved up or on ?
    I am! My machine is up and running on linuxCNC and has made a few cool parts! Would still love a service Manuel or wiring diagram though!

Made the jet ski pump attached not too long ago.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BTC clubhouse!#*$!-675dfac7-ebd5-4303-9c40-f57f84f3f494-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I would say No the 100 V power supply is the main thing to get right if voltage is off it will deal you fits !!! on a hot summer afternoon I wont run mine because the power co. is so lax on supply with real three phase !!

Downloads
    Uploads

All I can say is Wow I manage to do small parts with profiles and bolt patterns with the original control using bob-cad to do drawings and some code with much editing . Keep up the good work and keep this thread alive

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast