Hardinge Conquest VMC700 drops tools atc

Thread: Hardinge Conquest VMC700 drops tools atc

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hardinge Conquest VMC700 drops tools atc

Hello everyone,

Like the title says, I have this machine that drops the tool at the time it is doing the tool change. It seems like it drops the tool just a little bit before the arm is in position, hence hitting the tool in the air like a baseball hitter.

I already tried adjusting the sensors within the tool cabinet, but still no luck.

I have been told that I can adjust the time at which the spindle releases the tool but I have had no luck in finding which one is it.

Nothing is bent and the arm moves freely, and in the pictures attached there is a WAITING FOR (UN) CLAMP :0 but this is the diagnostics screen and and can't change the value, I don't know if it is one of the timers or one of the parameters.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jolulank

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hardinge Conquest VMC700 drops tools atc-img363-jpg   Hardinge Conquest VMC700 drops tools atc-img362-jpg   Hardinge Conquest VMC700 drops tools atc-img361-jpg   Hardinge Conquest VMC700 drops tools atc-img360-jpg  

Hardinge Conquest VMC700 drops tools atc-img359-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

99% of the time it's the actual atc arm that's out of alignment.

Downloads
    Uploads

could also be the locking fingers on the tool changing arm. When the arm drops and rotates. The arm will lock the tool from coming out of the pocket. If the pin that locks the finger is gumed/stuck the tool will not be locked and can be thrown.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Machineblues and underthetire,

I have not solved the problem, now you can actually see the tool falls a fraction of a second before the arm reaches the position.

We have adjusted the switches and cam lobes, sometimes we can get the arm to actually grab a tool from the spindle, two or three times in a row and then fails again.

I am contacting the Hardinge people see if they can help me.

jolulank

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hardinge Conquest VMC700 drops tools atc

Hi
    Were you able to fix this issue?
    We also had this problem on our Hardinge VMC 700
    It was an air valve getting stuck
    Just pumped some WD-40 into the air line on the valve and it started working again