Where can you get another one of these?

Thread: Where can you get another one of these?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Where can you get another one of these?

Does anyone know a source for one of these? Its the locking ring / spacer in a QCE 30 from a R2E3. We are interested in getting another one to modify so we can make nmtb30 tooholders work in our machine. We have been unable to find a good source for toolholders other than the APT's which has a very small selection of tool diameters.
    If we cannot find a source we are going to make a new on with the one dimension altered so the nntb30 will lock in.
    Thanks
    Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where can you get another one of these?-lockring-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Erickson Tool co drawing number QC30QCLN =
    Kennametal Drawing number B1614122RO2

Lock ring is part number 2-63-027-030 and was $35.91 back in 1993.

george

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi it is better to machine the tool holder to the same spec as the standard Erickson 30QC I have machined 5 tool holders with no problem, and you can buy the part you are looking for from any tool supply that sell Kennametal parts the compleat unit is about $110-00
    mactec54

Last edited by mactec54; 11-10-2005 at 08:31 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

George,
    Thanks for the information. I was able to get one from Kennametal. Mactec what technique did you use to add material to toolholders. The reduction of diameter of the locking ring is straightforward except it's an interupted cut. We are wondering what the best method to add material to the locking ring of the toolholder.
    Thanks
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi dfmiller
    we have only done this on 3/4 and 5/8 holders which have a large area in
    the front of the flange these are the only ones you can machine to suit a standard
    NMTB 30 as the flange thickness has to be around .350 thick and with a dia of 1.815
    we rough turn and finish by grinding. If your flanges are thinner than .340 than you
    will have to make a special locking ring that fits in your locking nut it would not be
    a good idea to add any metal.
    mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,
    Thanks I did no know the bigger ones have matrial to remove. I agree, my original post proposes making a modified ring with the one dimension changed. After some discussion I think we are going to get another ring and TIG weld some material to the ring and then machine/grind to dimension.
    I will post the results if and when we do this.
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi dfmiller
    the locking ring is made from a tool steel and may not tig to well try changing the
    stop screw position in the nut you may be able to get a 1/2 turn more which mite
    be enough, How thick is your flange just turn the outside to 1.815 and see if you
    can get the nut to go up some more without the stop screw.
    mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a procedure in the maintenance manual to adjust the lock ring correctly. If you give me an email, I can PDF it to you when I get to the office.

George

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)