Interlocked guards needed, Interact 1 mk2

Thread: Interlocked guards needed, Interact 1 mk2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Interlocked guards needed, Interact 1 mk2

Hi all.

I have to fit interlocked guards to my Bridgeport interact 1 mk 2 with a heidenhiem TNC 2500 control.

Does anyone know if the control supports an interlock switch, and if so, is the switch and wiring readily available and simple enough to fit?

Any help is appreciated.

HSE is awaiting conformation of fitted guards

John.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Its got an Estop button doesn't it. Run the interlock in series with any other estop buttons.
    karl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That would work, but for high production runs it would be a pain,

Cancel alarm,
    turn control on
    and then press cycle start,
    aswell as the extra operation of opening and closing the door,

I was hoping for something a bit more egonomic, shut door press cycle start.

Downloads
    Uploads

This control is fitted to many different machines. Those with a enclosure do have a door interlock that this control supports. The more common question is how to turn it off.
    So you need the parameter and a set of wiring schematics from a VMC to get the input/output locations. The input for the fact that the door is closed, that it has locked, and the output to lock the door.
    Is this machine not "grandfathered" and exempt from this requirement? This seems a bit odd.

George

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

probably a plc function that may not be in the machine

a simple way to do it would be to engage the lock when the spindle is enabled and put the switch in the spindle enable circuit. Risk of blowing things up if you monkey the door open since it would not disable the drives.

EMO string is the best bet, but a pain

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Interlocked guards needed, Interact 1 mk2

All,

Our TNC2500C controller lost all of it machine parameter setting when we ignored the 'BUFFER BATTERY' warning for too long. We have it back running for the most part now. I had a printed out set of the parameters in the paperwork that we received when we purchased the machine used. There were some ambiguous hand written notes beside several of the parameters. Here is what I found:

Short version:
    Setting MP 4310.0 = 1 fixes the 'MACHINE GUARD NOT CLOSED' error message for our machine (which does not have the guards or interlock circuitry).

(NOTE: After setting 4310.0 = 1 the next error we got as 'TOOL NOT CLAMPED' (or something like that). Setting 4310.1 = 8 resolved this issue.)

Longer version:
    I spent some time studying the PLC program to determine what parameters might be relevant to this with the hope of identifying which machine parameter (MP) setting was amiss.

To access the PLC program do: (This access sequence is on page 1 of Section P2 of the TNC 2500 Technical Manual)
    [MOD], CODE = 807667, [ENT]
    Select 'PLC EDITING MODE', [ENT]

My first perusal of the PLC program revealed references to I0,I1,I2,etc and O0,O1,O2, etc. A bit of reading of the 'TNC 2500 Technical Manual' and a review of the electrical diagrams that came with my machine revealed that the 'GUARD INTERLOCKS' switch was connected to PLC input I15.

I scrolled down until I found the following PLC program section.
    A I15
    A M106
    ON M2230
    A M2225
    O M2224
    O M59
    O I8
    = M106

M106, M2224, M2225, M59, M106 in the PLC instruction sequence above are all 'markers'. In the TNC2500 PLC a 'marker' is a bit flag. (The instruction line above ANDs and ORs I8 and I15 along with several markers and assigns the logical result to marker M106.)

The HEIDENHAIN Service manual that I have indicates that MP's 4310.0..4310.6 correspond to PLC 'markers' M2192..M3263.

Going back to my printed out MP listing I noticed that machine parameters 4310.0, 4310.1, 4310.2 all had ambiguous handwritten notes beside them. Trial and error of the different values indicated in the handwritten notes revealed the correct MP setting (i.e. 4310.0=1) to resolve the 'MACHINE GUARD NOT CLOSED' error.

NOTE:
    According to the service manual 4310.0 corresponds to the 16 markers ranging from M2192 to M2207. Since setting 4310.0 = 1 resolved my problem I stopped digging into the syntax for the PLC programming language enough to understand the bit ordering so I don't know if 4310.0=1 corresponds to M2192 or M2207. In reviewing the PLC section of the Technical Manual while writing this post I found the procedure for 'READING OUT' the PLC program via the RS-232-C interface. I intend to print out the PLC program so I can figure out how to activate our 'spray mist' system.

I hope these notes help someone.

Joe