Correct way to move the origin in BobCAD

Thread: Correct way to move the origin in BobCAD

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Correct way to move the origin in BobCAD

Howdy Guys

As discussed in another thread, we have BobCAD which we use for programming our Haas mill. We use Inventor for CAD.

Our CNC operator is just learning BobCAD. He had a guy from a shop show him some basics, but that guy's regular CAM is mastercam....

They were using rotate and translate to move the part around. Seems reasonable, but he told me that they were eyeballing the part onto the origin, and that worries me. He said they tried to measure to get exact amounts the part needed to be moved, but could not get the measure tool to work from the existing origin to the corner of the part.

Now, I saw a video that show the guy editing the origin in BobCAD and he just clicked on the corner and it moved there, and done deal. But it was out of context, he was showing something different and didn't really explain what he was doing.

So how best to do this in BobCAD?

Thanks,

CM

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ger21; 04-11-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MODS PLEASE MOVE TO BOBCAD - WRONG FORUM Correct way to move the origin in BobCAD

I was able to get my answer in another thread I posted in BOBCAD forum. Mods, you may delete if you wish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MODS PLEASE MOVE TO BOBCAD - WRONG FORUM Correct way to move the origin in BobCAD

ColonelMonk, I searched your other threads and could not find the answer to what I think is your question, which may be mine too. So here goes.

I was working on a part in BobCad, and the yellow ball thingy that everything on the screen rotates around was at X0Y0Z0 for a long time, day after day, then today when I open the program and re-load the file/part, the origin ball is hanging out near the last thing I edited. How the heck did it get there, and how do I get it back to the origin? I also recall what you are talking about, but for the life of me can't find it. It may have been on one of the after dark videos, or maybe a tutorial... I dunno. Very frustrating!