Newbie post processor for cnc router cutting wood Bobcad V26.

Thread: post processor for cnc router cutting wood Bobcad V26.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default post processor for cnc router cutting wood Bobcad V26.

Hello. I am new at this and starting to cut text into wood. my software has post processor for metal, plastic and others but for wood. I would greatly appreciate any help with cutting wood as in speed rates. I am using a VCarve tool.

I am using Bodcad V26.
    Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: post processor for cnc router cutting wood Bobcad V26.

The Post Processor doesn`t have anything to do with producing feeds and speed for different materials so there is no such thing as a PP for Metal or Wood etc.

What you need is the correct PP for the control system that is fitted to your Router, eg Anilam, Fanuc, Heidenhain, Seimens, Mach3 etc, etc, the PP has to produce the correct code that your Router Control system will accept that`s all.

As for feeds and spindle speeds usually the best source for these would be the cutting tool manufacturer, all tool manufacturers do produce tables of feeds and speeds for multiple materials, drop them a line or give them a call and tell them what materials you are using, eg Mahogany, Oak, Cedar, MDF etc, etc, I am sure they will be more than happy to help you with this

Once you have the information for the different materials you need to set up these materials in your Materials Library and although it is a bit of a laborious task it is well worth doing as every time you select a particular material for a new job the feeds and speed will automatically be set for the particular material and tool

Regards
    Rob