Newbie skull

Thread: skull

Downloads
    Uploads

Default skull

Hi i would like to make a 3d skull.not really sure where to start.any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am trying to make the same thing . Maybe we're on the wrong forum? This seems to be a place for machining METAL only ... and maybe carving wood

Downloads
    Uploads

Cutting one or making one? If you just need a sample to cut, you can get many from online sources. 3dcontentcentral should have a bunch. They have a NURBS one that was scan data that someone used solidworks to create a NURBS surface out of. Most others would be Polygons.

There's a cool skull in the t-splines library. Look at the humans/figures package:

T-Splines ? View topic - 51 free T-Splines models

If you want to design one, you would want to use a polygon app, or one of the specialty tools that give you that type of functionality in a NURBS app. (Or even better, a voxel app. It helps to know anatomy)

You can get a really great introduction to voxels with Sculptris. Free!

http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Wow !! thank you so much for the helpful and interesting referrals !

May I please ask another newbie question ? I'd LIKE to cut the Tspline skull and then see if I should modify it ... and also to have the option of elongating it just a tiny bit ... is that jpeg file as it stands really enough to cut it in 3d ? TY so much !
    Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Cutting one or making one? If you just need a sample to cut, you can get many from online sources. 3dcontentcentral should have a bunch. They have a NURBS one that was scan data that someone used solidworks to create a NURBS surface out of. Most others would be Polygons.

There's a cool skull in the t-splines library. Look at the humans/figures package:

T-Splines ? View topic - 51 free T-Splines models

If you want to design one, you would want to use a polygon app, or one of the specialty tools that give you that type of functionality in a NURBS app. (Or even better, a voxel app. It helps to know anatomy)

You can get a really great introduction to voxels with Sculptris. Free!

Pixologic :: Sculptris

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by artistava View Post
    May I please ask another newbie question ? I'd LIKE to cut the Tspline skull and then see if I should modify it ... and also to have the option of elongating it just a tiny bit ... is that jpeg file as it stands really enough to cut it in 3d ? TY so much !
    There are actual models there on that link. You have to download the appropriate zip of the model pack. Look for the one that says "humans" in the name and download that.

There WILL be a NURBS model, that you can interact with "cut and add etc, But BobCad doesnt have a 1d scale function, to "stretch" it. There are other apps that can do that though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanx Burr,
    Now I have something to do in my spare time.
    Think I try this one with 4 indexes(set-ups) instead of 2 like previously.
    Any thoughts?Remember only got 3 axis
    Also think I better use 4 different files so I do not crash and or make sure I have copy and try both ways.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skull-1-jpg