Scripting - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scripting

Downloads
    Uploads

No Worries Jen

I made a monumental mistake. I did the article on line and submitted it before I copied and pasted what I had done into a file that I could post up here. As soon as Paul views the tecko article I will be able to access it again and post it up here as well.

No word from Paul yet on when it will be released but I am sure he will let me know soon.

Hang In There. In the mean time do you want me to e-mail you the raw script? It has some comments through it explaining things.

Let me know, it is only a small file.

Kook

"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Script Lessons

Hi All,

I just noticed that the tecko article is up there now. Man where did all of the carridge returns go? It looks like a jumble of letters in a scrabble box. I appologise for that. I did have it set out so it was actually easy to read, 100 points to those who can not follow it. Not even I can. I will get it sorted somehow.

Jen I have done up a nice little word doc if you want it, I have attached a zip file with the script together with instructions and also the raw script full of handy comments to help you through, that offer is for anybody else as well.

Patience please while I get tech article sorted.

Kook

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kookaburra; 07-16-2003 at 10:20 PM.
    Dave Drain

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Heheh Kook, that's why we call 'em technical articles.

Just the hard data ma'm, just the data

Downloads
    Uploads

HF,

You hit the nail on the head "HARD DATA" is an abreviated version of "HARD to read this junk DATA"

Kook

Dave Drain

Downloads
    Uploads

K -

I'd printed out the "technical article" for some light reading ( )...this is much much better.

Jen

Downloads
    Uploads

Jen,

Did you try running the script?

Kook

Dave Drain

Downloads
    Uploads

I downloaded it too. It's with shame that i have to admit i haven't even unzipped it (welcome to Africa!).

I'll let you know what i understand about the script...

Klox

*** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

Downloads
    Uploads

Guy's,

I am working on a beauty at the moment. The next posting will take you from the initial creation of the script right through to making it a perminant part of your BobCAD Menu System. I have chosen an application for cad drawing that you will all find handy to have as part of you BobCAD system. Remember, scripting is a powerful tool. If there is some function that you wish BobCAD had as part of it's drawing facilities, let's use this scripting thread to all get together and work on creating it.

I should have it up early next week, "I hope". I still have to build CNC Controllers somewhere in amongst it all. I will take my laptop home over the weekend and work on it over a beer or 10 , I will probably have to stop after the 10th beer or I will start slurring my typing. Hopefully, I won't be interupted by anoying visitors and screaming babies.

Kook

Dave Drain

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay on the above mentioned article, I have been pounded with a whole lot of stuff that has prevented me from doing fun stuff like this, I am back on it now and hope to have something for you all soon.

Dave Drain

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Guess What!!!

I have figured out the little quirk in the scripting engine. I know how to do VB, I started with database applications, but BobCAD's scripting is funky.

I am so full of spunk I am taking 3 requests this weekend and this weekend only. Do you need a drawing script, how about a G-Code editor script (Associative toopathing not allowed, I am still working on that one). Post the request and I will get it to you by Tues. Again, 3 requests. I will post them for everyone to see!!!

Regards
    The One

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12