Just Bought My BOBCAD/CAM few minutes before!!!

Thread: Just Bought My BOBCAD/CAM few minutes before!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Just Bought My BOBCAD/CAM few minutes before!!!

Finally, their hard working sales got me!!!
    And I finally paid for my V19, because I could not resist the attractive offer.

I am learning MasterCam in my University and willing to own my personal CAM to build the 5 axis mill like this:

http://www.rainnea.com/cnc_5axis.htm

BobCAm could be the only affortable cam for me, but I am wodering if BobCAM could do simple 5 axis surface milling in the near future?

I have not properly used BobCAM demo, since I spent much more time in the University with MasterCAM and just delete the demo few days after downloading for getting space in my laptop. It sounds a rushed purchase, right?

I know that I could not compare Toyota with Ferrari!! But hope I have bought a Good TOYOTA that is what I indeed need!!

Current comment on BobCAD/CAM------Fantastic marketing with sound price!!! , although I forgot to ask if they have the discounted price for student like Rhino 3D. If they had it, I should cry now for my over paid.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by calkai1; 06-17-2004 at 12:07 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Calkai1,
    Welcome as a new BobCAD-CAM software operator. We do have limited 5th axis capabilities. MasterCAM is a very nice system as well and will give you everything you would need for 5 axis I'm sure. BobCAD-CAM software will include more advanced functionality for 5th axis in the future. Look for this sometime next year however as we are not quite there in development yet. My technical support team will help you as best as possible in the mean time. You should definately check with your dealer/reseller regarding educational discounts. This is something that we definately believe in.
    Sincerely,
    CNC Dude

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Dude:
    Thanks!! Just talk to Allem for possibility becoming the dealer in Taiwan!
    It is still good deal and I will need your further help to familarize BobCAD/CAM. Hope that there will be traditional Chinese version as soon as possible.

The other inquiry is :
    When will the barracuda be in market?
    Are you developing new controller now? or just using Mach2?
    What would servo motors and drivers be? Gecko?
    What would ball screw be? THK??
    How much could your target price range be?

I am waiting for the coming soon item for long time and supposing
    someone else same as me!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3-Axis CNC Barracuda

BobCAD-CAM and CNC Teknix of Australia have joined forces to provide the first small 3 axis CNC Mill of its kind based off of the machines capabilities, components, software and the cost for shops around the world to acquire it. The R & D and development of the machine is complete. I just returned from Australia and attended the Australian National Manufacturing Week and participated in the introduction of the machines release in Australia. The response from manufacturers to the press/media was outstanding.

Currently, we are in the final stages of laying out the marketing programs/campaigns so that we can provide you with all of the information you will need for making the decision to own one.

The official launch date of the Barracuda is September 8, 2004 at IMTS in Chicago, IL. However, if you would like more information, specifications or official price quotes, you can contact me directly at 727-442-3554 ext 112 and I would be more than happy to speak with you.
    Sincerely,
    CNC Dude
    Chris Corbell
    BobCAD-CAM

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just Bought My BOBCAD/CAM few minutes before!!!-small-barracuda-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the difference in product from
    bobcad.com
    and
    bobcadsoftware.com ??

Same product?

Pete

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default BobCAD.com

Hi Pete,
    BobCADsoftware.com is a dealer of mine that was approved to use the name BobCAD. This is the same product. Are you a current customer?
    CNC Dude

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

BobCAD DOES have FULL 5 axis software and it is well under the price I have seen from other companies like Master CAM. I did some research and it seems to be the same 5 axis tool paths too. Take a look Partners who work with ModuleWorks CAD/CAM components