Help

Thread: Help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help

Hi all, I am having some trouble;s. I am fairly new to all this and I have been trying to cut this part since last night with no luck. No mater how I do it it just does not come out right. I have a X2 so I have to do this part in 4 sections, and flip it end for end to do the secon cut, then flip it around the y for the third cut, then flip it around the x for the final cut.

I built a jig to the peice and be able to flip it while maintaing zero. I am using a .125 endmill to do the profile, but when it cuts out the long slots at the top of either end, end up being about .125 to narrow.

I am sure I am doing something stupid, and just have a mind freeze.

My end mill is centered on 0,0 when I start. I do a profile of the section I want to cut in Bobcad, with .0625 off set.

I hope I am explaining things ok. Please see attached drawing of the original part. It is a part to Joes router.

Thanks
    Walt

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wdp67 View Post
    Hi all, I am having some trouble;s. I am fairly new to all this and I have been trying to cut this part since last night with no luck. No mater how I do it it just does not come out right. I have a X2 so I have to do this part in 4 sections, and flip it end for end to do the secon cut, then flip it around the y for the third cut, then flip it around the x for the final cut.

I built a jig to the peice and be able to flip it while maintaing zero. I am using a .125 endmill to do the profile, but when it cuts out the long slots at the top of either end, end up being about .125 to narrow.

I am sure I am doing something stupid, and just have a mind freeze.

My end mill is centered on 0,0 when I start. I do a profile of the section I want to cut in Bobcad, with .0625 off set.

I hope I am explaining things ok. Please see attached drawing of the original part. It is a part to Joes router.

Thanks
    Walt
    Are all the other dim coming out right ? also are the slots on the right location, If you are using the .125 EM and coming out -.125 did you buy chance make a double offset of .0625 on the slots, that would make it .125 narrow, once you give me more info we can figure it out.
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

We need to see the part divided the way your machining it in order to help you.

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your help!! I got it, I was double offsetting it. I tryed a new post processor, and cutter comp was on, and I used the software to also comp it!

I new it had to be something stupid. You guys are great!!

Walt

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wdp67 View Post
    Thanks for your help!! I got it, I was double offsetting it. I tryed a new post processor, and cutter comp was on, and I used the software to also comp it!

I new it had to be something stupid. You guys are great!!

Walt
    Walt,

It wasn't something stupid. Your just getting used to a different interface. There or a lot of options to consider when machining. Take your time when doing things, it will help.

Glad you fixed your problem.

Have a good one.

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com