Need Help! Join curves

Thread: Join curves

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Join curves

What is the command that would join two curves that are connected into one curve, the ends are connected.?

So this would be join polylines in Autocad (pedit/join).

Thanks

Barrie

Similar Threads:
    Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V30 Mill 3 axis Pro, Bricscad V14 and MOI V3 with CNC-Step High Z 1000S and Wabeco CC-F1210

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer View Post
    What is the command that would join two curves that are connected into one curve, the ends are connected.?

So this would be join polylines in Autocad (pedit/join).

Thanks

Barrie
    As primarily a CAM package, we would use "contour" which creates single entities for cam'ing....

But that's not really the same as what i think you are asking. You wont be able to further "cad" with contours. Bobcad uses "chain selection". So shift clicking conmected entities selects them as a joined curve, if the ends are connected. You can also assign line types or colors for grouping.

In bobcad, 0 continuity entities will be seperate segments.

Arcs can be combined with the fit arcs command.

Splines can be combined by selecting all the splines, then invoking one of the spline cad tools. A fitted entity will be added, whether you choose interpolated or fitted spline will determine the "fit" to the original entities...

Thats about it....

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Join curves

Hello Burrman

Thanks your post made me realise that I did not understand what Bobcad was expecting in terms of selections.

I was trying to create a 4 sided surface that was actually 7 lines/curves although there was a natural 4 sides created by these curves, the shift select and getting arrows at either end of the lines making up the 4 natural sides done the trick.

The funny thing was that I was getting a horrible toolpath around an object and suspected a leaky surface and thus wanted to create a new surface, is there a way to joing surfaces together something like happens in MOI (I think you know that programme !)

Thanks

Barrie

Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V30 Mill 3 axis Pro, Bricscad V14 and MOI V3 with CNC-Step High Z 1000S and Wabeco CC-F1210

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer View Post
    Hello Burrman

Thanks your post made me realise that I did not understand what Bobcad was expecting in terms of selections.

I was trying to create a 4 sided surface that was actually 7 lines/curves although there was a natural 4 sides created by these curves, the shift select and getting arrows at either end of the lines making up the 4 natural sides done the trick.

The funny thing was that I was getting a horrible toolpath around an object and suspected a leaky surface and thus wanted to create a new surface, is there a way to joing surfaces together something like happens in MOI (I think you know that programme !)

Thanks

Barrie
    Yes. In bobcad it is under utilities. "Stich and unstitch"....

For your toolpathing, "stitching" stuff will help have the program know they arent seperate surfaces that allows the tool to go where it shouldnt! If you make a simple box and the 6 sides are unstitched surface, the toolpath can go in and around edges of those surfaces. So you are correct in looking for and being sure surfaces are joined (stitched)

But, bobcad "had" (i am not on the newest version) what i call a naming convention mistake. It will call open surfaces that are stitched "SOLID"....

Use your MoI to check for naked edges if you are suspecting something is non manifold, or not Solid.