Need Help! Best text or software that will allow edit for script type text like on 1960s car

Thread: Best text or software that will allow edit for script type text like on 1960s car

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Best text or software that will allow edit for script type text like on 1960s car

Best text or software that will allow for the edit for script type text like on 1960s car logo's brand name. The exterior trim where the word is all connected at the bottom is the type of .jpg file to start with, then plan to use bobart. Wondering if there is a font that is easy or comes with software package that make this easy. I have used the windows and bobcad fonts, just way too hard to look like something need a font that is ready to go if possible. I am using Bobcad v23. Prefer software not connected to web for use.

Many, many thanks for any help!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Best text or software that will allow edit for script type text like on 1960s car

1000's if not tens of thousands of fonts out there
    you want perfect ? for what your doing ? draw yourself
    check out videos on you tube for hints and tricks to achieve what you want
    as far as the videos for bob go,,,all the way back to V23 to now are all relevant for the drawing (TRACING) or vectorizing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Best text or software that will allow edit for script type text like on 1960s car

jrmach, thanks! I have used the fonts that came with bobcad, I was looking for something that was quicker and did not require the close inspection of each vector segment to in sure the cutter-path would be followed. Wondering what graphics package would work well to create a .jpg that was turn key with a price not too steep or web based. many thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads

There is no "Magic Bullet" for creating lettering with perfect vectors without putting in the work, if you want perfect vectors you have to construct them or start with an off the shelf font, create and vectorize the geometry then edit it to get what you want.
    The packages for creating fonts are not quick, or easy, they use vector graphic construction with Bezier curves etc. and are not a shortcut to avoid doing the work, they just let you save out your letters (with appropriately created kerning data) as elements of a True Type Font, involving more work than just creating the required shapes in CAD.
    No Pain, No Gain, if it was easy all the Snowflake CAD Kiddies would be doing it, but it's not ;-)

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks! magicniner, The requirement may not be to create fonts, what I was thinking (this may very well be making your own fonts) was like the people who cut vinyl lettering type of work. The small amount I know it appeared the font was a pick from the software, I just don't know the name of software. This is the roll stock that feeds back and forth in a plotter with a knife. What the hope was to find a font that was compatible with bobcad, hope to load as a pick just like any other font. Use this lettering that is already designed to be connected at the bottom weather a stand alone software package, that allows to be saved as .jpg or the real hope of just load a font in to existing software. Yes I have done it the old fashion way with scanner and paper.

many thanks for all the help!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Corel will be quite an investment,but there's what a guy I know uses for his plotter and also for silk screening.He does some amazing things,but not a one click solution,he puts in the work.

Downloads
    Uploads

jrmach, many thanks!! i will look in to Corel. many many thanks for all the help and to forum as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Car logo brand and connected. Do you have a car brand in mind. Are you just looking for letters
    to connect to a base line.

Don

The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

Downloads
    Uploads

Gallchobhair, thanks for your interest. wondering if there is a software program that will allow .jpg file to be saved. the text need to be connected as much as possible at the bottom or depending on the shape. the thinking was to use software for vinyl sign people. i can see from the corel is about $500, does everything. looking for a way to create art work of "letters only" for a "one off"; so don't want to spend a lot of time cleaning up if possible.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's a good place to start looking. BobCAD uses Windows Truetype fonts, so just install the appropriate font, then do any cleanup to the lettering after you add the text, and explode it.

AUTOMOTIVE FONT ARCHIVE
    Automotive Font Archive | Cars In Depth

Luke

"All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

Downloads
    Uploads

The $500 Corel is entry level,makes sure it is what you want,,I think my friend has $10,000 in his software,,but he can pretty will paint a picture in his

"Cleaning-up" no magic buttons,learn the software,,,like Nick said,it keeps the SnowFlakes away

Downloads
    Uploads

Yikes,,,,Trotline,,,,my Avast don't like that site,"Threat has been detected"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doesn't surprise me. It's a small site with a lot of ads.Probably one of those is triggering the warning. Doing a search for "automotive fonts" turns up a number of places to find them other than that one. Narrowing the search to whatever make and/or model Solidworks4u is looking for would also help.

Luke

"All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Solidworks4u View Post
    Gallchobhair, thanks for your interest. wondering if there is a software program that will allow .jpg file to be saved. the text need to be connected as much as possible at the bottom or depending on the shape. the thinking was to use software for vinyl sign people. i can see from the corel is about $500, does everything. looking for a way to create art work of "letters only" for a "one off"; so don't want to spend a lot of time cleaning up if possible.
    I use Sign Cut Pro but there's no magic there either, you need to load good quality Vector Graphics for it to work well, I use Adobe Illustrator to create and edit vector graphics.

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Downloads
    Uploads

magicniner, thanks!! and many thanks to all the others! the reference to the 60s auto lettering is the only example that came to mind, from the comments it appears that Adobe Illustrator (by the month subscription, it appears) or as previous referenced software, is the jumping in point. Many thanks for all the opinions, my hope was a font to work with inside bobcad. I may find that the win fonts will work for starting point as prior suggested.

many thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads

I keep reading him say "he wants to make a jpg out of it"???

Perhaps he is meaning vectorizing the jpg? Not sure.

There are sites like "what the font" to help find matching fonts to download.

The probelm is with vector programs using things like line weights and widths, compounded by cursive letters. Being converted to cad line geometry. Connections, overlaps and gaps have to be contended with.

Inkscape is free, but less "modern". But it does all the same stuff.

If we are talking about vectorizing "jpgs", then its a get to work issue. The "easiest" thing to do here is find tge highest quality image to start. If you only have low quality images, just grid out the jpg and draw it in bobcad using it as an overlay

Downloads
    Uploads

"If you only have low quality images, just grid out the jpg and draw it in bobcad using it as an overlay""

Trace,,,exactly
    Gotta put the work in
    to the OP,,like earlier said,You Tub and check out videos,,you probably own enough software already,,just can't be a "snowflake" per Nicks idea

Downloads
    Uploads

I Googled "connected fonts" and found several sites...

Flashfonts
    Free fonts dot com
    Font space

If you only need to be close or make a "one off", jrmach and Trotline are correct. If you wish to get picky or change the text often, Inkscape is my go-to tool for such things. It does have a learning curve though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ShortTrack View Post
    I Googled "connected fonts" and found several sites...

Flashfonts
    Free fonts dot com
    Font space

If you only need to be close or make a "one off", jrmach and Trotline are correct. If you wish to get picky or change the text often, Inkscape is my go-to tool for such things. It does have a learning curve though.
    more work,,,ughhhhh,,lol