Need Help! Bobart Emboss Z and Bobcam Z

Thread: Bobart Emboss Z and Bobcam Z

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bobart Emboss Z and Bobcam Z

I'm sure this is my training problem
    I'm having a issue where Boboart emboss is cutting correctly for emboss portion but letter engrave is cutting .100 to deep. Not sure what.s going on here.
    I have struggled witth bobart and bobcad surface height trying to coordinate the two.
    How do I set the z from bobart emboss and z from bobcam.
    I attached file where the letters are being cut deeper then the .050 depth I set to.

Rob

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bobart Emboss Z and Bobcam Z

From the help files

To keep the depth at what you want,you might consider a different angle on the tool you use
    otherwise limiting the depth with tapered pocketing may not create the look you desire

V-Carve alone will cut as deep as necessary till the tool fills in the gap between the two opposing sides
    Read the bottom of help file for mathematical explanation

So if you want to limit depth,you must also use tapered pocketing,,but beware,you may not get the result you are expecting
    You might try a different angle of tool,experiment with different angles and/or also use of tapered pocketing

The Wizard for V-Carve is not that great.I see where people get mixed up on depth of cut
    Depth of cut only comes in play when used with tapered pocketing to say it another way

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bobart Emboss Z and Bobcam Z-v-carve-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jrmach; 01-05-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

For an extreme view of what V-Carve does when the tool path gets wide
    notice how the center of part is deeper than the two horizontal lengths

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bobart Emboss Z and Bobcam Z-100_0704-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

OH, I see now. I'm so tuned into milling world and depth of cut. I see how that works now.

Thank you

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you explain why the text engraving is haphazard. It goes all over from one letter to another, not finishing some and then off to another and back again.
    Crazy
    I'm using vCarve. finish, no rough.

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by artracing View Post
    Can you explain why the text engraving is haphazard. It goes all over from one letter to another, not finishing some and then off to another and back again.
    Crazy
    I'm using vCarve. finish, no rough.

Rob
    I'm sure Al did a video on that but I can't remember the detail because it was before I was using it.

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Downloads
    Uploads

If I had to guess,it is because of the way the code is written by the software guru's and how it mathematically and systemically approaches the complexity of the task??

All I know is I would not want to write it by hand,even for an easy project such as yours,,,never,lol