Need Help! Advise on advanced Z level finish

Thread: Advise on advanced Z level finish

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Advise on advanced Z level finish

I am hoping some of the experts on this forum could cast their eyes over the screen shot of an Advanced Z level finish adaptive tool path and answer a question that I have.

In the attached screen shot you will see redlining around an area where the programme is starting to change the tool path stepdowns as the geometry changes, there seems to be 3 distinct types of step down/over, is there any way to make this change a gradual one rather than in two steps?

This is programmed in V30 3 axis pro, the cutter is a 6mm ballnose.

Thanks

Barrie

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advise on advanced Z level finish-advanced-z-level-finishing-jpg   Advise on advanced Z level finish-finished-item-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V30 Mill 3 axis Pro, Bricscad V14 and MOI V3 with CNC-Step High Z 1000S and Wabeco CC-F1210

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Advise on advanced Z level finish

Yes. it does look to be a pretty poor toolpath, I haven`t used any Z level toolpaths for a long time since the Pro version of BC has "Advanced Rough" and I also prefer "Planar" or Advanced Planar" for finishes, just a thought, have you tried using the above mentioned Strategy at all ??

Regards
    Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Advise on advanced Z level finish

Hello Rob

No I have not tried any of those tool paths, I will give them a go.

The finished part has a rougher finish than you would expect, mostly because the machine was being run at 'warp speed 9' to get the job completed in a free slot.

That does not get away from the fact that I am sure Bobcad can produce some more elegant tool paths, but it is case of knowing what to do and unlocking the potential.

Experience!!

Regards

Barrie

Last edited by Bazzer; 11-21-2017 at 06:58 AM. Reason: spelling
    Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V30 Mill 3 axis Pro, Bricscad V14 and MOI V3 with CNC-Step High Z 1000S and Wabeco CC-F1210