Need Help! 4th Axis Posting Problem

Thread: 4th Axis Posting Problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 4th Axis Posting Problem

I am stuck on this one - V28 4th axis standard ..... Predator post processor and Fadal Machine ..... and this is the first time I have attempted to create a 4 axis program on it.

The problem started with the post processors program output not containing any 4th axis content at all .... apart from the very first 4th axis move to get to its "start" angle.
    I have corrected several 3 axis posting errors in the past using the debugger/Notepad routine without too much trouble and tried to do the same this time round.

The first line that does produce an output is the long startup string (line 2 in the post processor program) which lists " n, output_rotary_angle " as the command that produces the output at program start.

But the problem appears to be on line 55 which says -

55. Line feed move XYZ.
    n,feed_move,x_f,y_f,z_f,feed_rate

Simple ... no A command in the line .... but it is in line 54 which is - Line rapid XYZ move ..... and includes - " rotary_xy_angle " .
    So I put that string in with the rest on line 55 ..... still no output.

After several tries I found that putting in " n,feed_move,x_f,y_f,z_f,rotary_angle,feed_rate " does give me the ANGLE part of the out command (plus the + or - sign if i mess with the settings on line 440 - rotary output options) but no axis letter (A) is output.

Thought it would be a simple fix to get that drive letter part displayed on the output .... but despite spending several hours trying all sorts of combinations and option choices to fix it .... I've had no luck.
    I have drenched back and forth through all the command code looking for the answer ..... but it eludes me.
    In line 690 is - Prefix for Z Rotation Move? "A"
    line 699 - Prefix for Tool Angle (variable mtool_angle)? "A"
    line 722 - Primary Rotary prefix string? "A"

And a big one on line 2001 & 2002 -

Recompute new A axis to include direction of motion
    Dim OLDVAL
    Dim NEWVAL
    NEWVAL = MILL_GetRotaryAngle()
    OLDVAL = MILL_GetDoubleMemoryLoc(1)
    If NEWVAL < OLDVAL Then
    MILL_SetReturnString("A" & Round(-NEWVAL, 4))
    End If
    If NEWVAL > OLDVAL Then
    MILL_SetReturnString("A" & Round(NEWVAL, 4))
    End If
    Call MILL_SetDoubleMemoryLoc(1, NEWVAL)
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''

2002. Program block to simply record an old Y movement without any rotary output
    Dim value
    value = MILL_GetRotaryAngle()
    Call MILL_SetDoubleMemoryLoc(1, value)

I know I'm missing something here and compared with the the post "fix's" done ... this one seems quite simple .... but nothing I've tried has worked. The program is for 4 axis .... the date and guys name who did the upgrade is at the start of the program and it says - addition of 4th axis variables in the posting notes.

Can anyone help me out here ...... please !!!!