Need Help! Bobcad 25 won't open SLDPRT files

Thread: Bobcad 25 won't open SLDPRT files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bobcad 25 won't open SLDPRT files

Every time i try to open a SLDPRT file in Bobcad 25 i get a "Failed in open" message. I went and got the latest update (Build 996) but still having no luck.
    Any suggestions

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bobcad 25 won't open SLDPRT files

Only time I have ever had that happen is when it was already opened in Solidworks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Probably the Solidworks files are from a newer version of Solidworks that your V25 can`t open. I don`t think V25 will open a Solidworks file produced by anything later than Solidworks 2013.

If the files are being sent to you then ask the sender to use a different export format from Solidworks, IGES or STEP are favourites as they aren`t date dependant.

If you are doing the exporting yourself then use the formats as above and you should have no further problems

Regards
    Rob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. This file was sent to me and i don't have Solidworks on my computer so that's not the issue. I have had this issue for years now (always found a way around it), but would just like to figure it out. Never knew about the inability of Bobcad 25 to open anything later than 2015 in Solidworks, and the file itself doesn't tell you what version it was created on. I still think I might be having other issues than just incompatiblity. Any possibilty someone out there can send me any kind of SLDPRT file created on an earlier version than 2015 justso i can test and be sure.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Try these.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Try the attached also, this is an SLDPRT file I downloaded from the Internet and it didn`t open in my old V25, it did open fine in my V28 so it is just the age of the file that was the issue.

I have a free account with OnShape which will upload any Solidworks file so I just uploaded it to there and then exported it as an IGES file which opened fine in my V25, a little bit of hassle but it is a sure fire way to convert SLDPRT files to something like IGES or STEP formats that BobCAD will handle easily

Rob

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Alot of times you can fix versioning issues by a little manual work.

Install something like edrawings viewer, then find "its SwDocumentMgr.dll and copy it over. To where bobcad is reading its from!