Need Help! Complex Pocket shapes...bobcad not getting the right shapes to pocket

Thread: Complex Pocket shapes...bobcad not getting the right shapes to pocket

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Complex Pocket shapes...bobcad not getting the right shapes to pocket

Hi,

I have complex paths i want to run a pocket op on ..but bobcad is only getting the inside shapes and not inbetween the paths like i want...
    see attached image

tried picking paths in different order, no luck.

Any ideas on how to get bobcad to read this properly?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Complex Pocket shapes...bobcad not getting the right shapes to pocket-complexpocket-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Complex Pocket shapes...bobcad not getting the right shapes to pocket

Quote Originally Posted by airbrush View Post
    Hi,

I have complex paths i want to run a pocket op on ..but bobcad is only getting the inside shapes and not inbetween the paths like i want...
    see attached image

tried picking paths in different order, no luck.

Any ideas on how to get bobcad to read this properly?
    First of all what version and build number of BobCAD are you using.

If I am understanding this correctly the areas currently shown with toolpaths in them you want them to not have toolpaths, is it the main shape you want to pocket and leave the inner shapes uncut ?

If yes then chain select the outer shape for a pocket and then select the inner shapes as islands

Better if you can upload the BobCAD file (In a Zip file), makes for easier understanding.

Regards
    Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Complex Pocket shapes...bobcad not getting the right shapes to pocket

will try again...that is how i did it and then tried in reverse..both same result

Downloads
    Uploads

ok..think i found the problem...chain selected and noticed it didn't select the whole path...zoomed into the ends and found a small gap...will connect up and try again..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by airbrush View Post
    ok..think i found the problem...chain selected and noticed it didn't select the whole path...zoomed into the ends and found a small gap...will connect up and try again..
    You looking for something like this ??

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Complex Pocket shapes...bobcad not getting the right shapes to pocket-airbrush-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

once the path is connected up i bet it will work...haven't had a chance to try yet