Need Help! AIGDT font

Thread: AIGDT font

Downloads
    Uploads

Default AIGDT font

I have drawings from a customer that were possibly drawn in AutoCAD Mechanical and the GDT dimensions didn't display correctly in TurboCAD, Alibre and BobCAD.

This is what I got for a text description, {\fAIGDT|b0|i0;\H0.1200;n\fArial|b0|i0;\H0.1201;0. 3125 THRU REAM}, when I checked the text with TurboCAD. It read as n0.3125 THRU REAM in all programs but it's supposed to be Ø0.3125 THRU REAM. After loading the AIGDT font TurboCAD and Alibre recognized the new font but not BobCAD V27, 28 or 29, how do I get that to change? The programs were closed and V27 hasn't been used for a few weeks, will restarting the pc fix that?

Edit: Restarted pc, it didn't help.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by L98FIERO; 07-12-2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: clarify description

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AIGDT font

Quote Originally Posted by L98FIERO View Post
    I have drawings from a customer that were possibly drawn in AutoCAD Mechanical and the GDT dimensions didn't display correctly in TurboCAD, Alibre and BobCAD.

This is what I got for a text description, {\fAIGDT|b0|i0;\H0.1200;n\fArial|b0|i0;\H0.1201;0. 3125 THRU REAM}, when I checked the text with TurboCAD. It read as n0.3125 THRU REAM in all programs but it's supposed to be Ø0.3125 THRU REAM. After loading the AIGDT font TurboCAD and Alibre recognized the new font but not BobCAD V27, 28 or 29, how do I get that to change? The programs were closed and V27 hasn't been used for a few weeks, will restarting the pc fix that?

Edit: Restarted pc, it didn't help.

Upload a file to look at ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a part of the drawing, it's a dwg file, not a dxf as I originally posted but it opens OK in TurboCAD and Alibre but still has issues in BobCAD.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AIGDT font-part-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know,,,Entity Modify does not seem to work,,,,

Hmm,did an experiment and made my own text in the AIGDT font and saved as both a .dxf file and a .DWG file
    Then reopened each saved file and did an Entity Modify to an Arial Font and in both cases it worked
    What is the native file format that was sent to you ?

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know for certain the native format but I was sent Solidworks part drawings with the dwg files. That may or may not have any bearing because, though I haven't used the facility, Alibre is supposed to be able to export a Solidworks file so I'd expect most of the high end CAD can as well. This is from a Tier 1 automotive company so they could be using Catia or who knows what.

Downloads
    Uploads

This?

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by L98FIERO View Post
    it opens OK in TurboCAD and Alibre but still has issues in BobCAD.
    Can I ask what happens if you go to "edit or view" the text in either of those?

No magic bullet. I just manually changed the symbol, to something less "autocad centric"

Downloads
    Uploads

Before I installed the AIGDT font I got the {\fAIGDT|b0|i0;\H0.1200;n\fArial|b0|i0;\H0.1201;0. 3125 THRU REAM} description of the diameter dimension in an old version of TurboCad. I made the assumption that the \f denoted 'font' and everything between the font description and the text described the leader and possibly the size of the GDT symbol.

Downloads
    Uploads

The issue with the file is the originator was typing with a "font" (in this dwg, it is arial) and then inserted the symbol with mtext. The mtext "special characters" dont translate over.

Downloads
    Uploads

Listing the properties of it with autocad will list that, but it also warns its not an "autocad file"...

With that aigdt font, typing the "n" produces the symbol. I loaded it into viacad, which displays the symbol,and it is edited as an n also.

But, bobcads importer is not translating it, because its denoted as "font" in that file.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can go with that, thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

To fix the file, you can edit the dim and replace those with a unicode symbol. It doesnt appear bobcads dim editor is making the conversion deeper in the definition. Must be something to do with the integrityware dwg translater being used.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't typically use BC for CAD so it really isn't an issue, I just would have liked to have it 'right' so if needed, it was there, thanks anyway.