Need Help! Tool change without tool changer

Thread: Tool change without tool changer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tool change without tool changer

Hey Everyone. Hoping for some help...

I'm using BobCad V29 with Mach 4.
    I have a touch off puck for auto Z height setting.

My question is this... If I'm cutting a part that needs multiple tools, how do I tell Mach 4 to stop and wait for me to change tools and re-zero the height? I know how to do multiple set ups in Bobcad, but the machine doesn't stop, it just goes right into the next set up.

Thanks in advance!
    -Bob

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tool change without tool changer

All you need for the machine to stop is an M0 command at the toolchange block in your Post Processor, usually Block 3, you can hard code this in by inserting the line shown in Red below, just pick where you want the machine to stop, I have inserted it in this PP (This is the standard BC_3x_MillPst.MillPst) where it will stop the machine after the coolant is off, the spindle is off and the Z axis has moved up to it`s machine zero (Home) point to make the tool change easier.

I also use Mach4 and that is the PP that I use (With a few tweaks to suit my Mill) so I know it will work

FYI You can set Mach4 to stop at every Tool change anyway without putting the M0 in the posted code, look under General Configuration and/or the Help files

3. Tool change
    n,coolant_off
    n,spindle_off
    n,rapid_move,incremental_coord,"G28","Z0."
    n,absolute_coord
    n,"M0"
    " "
    "(NEXT CUT - NEXT TOOL)"
    system_comment
    feature_name_comment
    " "
    "(TOOL #",list_tool_number, tool diameter, tool_label, ")"
    n,t,"M06"
    force_no_add_spaces
    output_rotary_angle
    output_second_rotary_angle
    default_add_spaces
    n,rapid_move,absolute_coord,work_coord,force_x,xr, force_y,yr,p_rot, s_rot,s,spindle_on
    n,rapid_move,length_offset,d_offset,zr,coolant_on

Hope that`s of some use to you

P.S. Unless you are using the same toolholder/collet for all your tools then I recommend that you set all your tools before starting the job and have the lengths set in the Tool Library, that way all you have to do is change the tool and press the Cycle Start every time, much, much easier than trying to set each and every tool every time you do the job

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Downloads
    Uploads

My question is this... If I'm cutting a part that needs multiple tools, how do I tell Mach 4 to stop and wait for me to change tools and re-zero the height?
    Read up on M6.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe late to the party here, but there's a setting in Mach that tells Mach that you want to treat the M06 command as an M01 stop. It has nothing to do with anything in bobcad.