DO YOU THINK NEW BOBCAD USERS CAN BE INITIALLY VERY DIFFICULT AND BORING

View Poll Results: DO YOU THINK NEW BOBCAD USERS CAN BE INITIALLY VERY DIFFICULT AND BORING

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

1 33.33%
  • Definitely Maybe

0 0%
  • Almost Certainly

0 0%
  • Yes

2 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DO YOU THINK NEW BOBCAD USERS CAN BE INITIALLY VERY DIFFICULT AND BORING

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DO YOU THINK NEW BOBCAD USERS CAN BE INITIALLY VERY DIFFICULT AND BORING

Especially the ones that whine about something they don't have the fortitude to learn because it's not JAAC* and the ones who aren't even bothered about a solution and just moan ;-)

* (just another autocad clone)

Similar Threads:
    I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DO YOU THINK NEW BOBCAD USERS CAN BE INITIALLY VERY DIFFICULT AND BORING

With posts like this, there won't be too many new users to worry about.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DO YOU THINK NEW BOBCAD USERS CAN BE INITIALLY VERY DIFFICULT AND BORING

One of the things that I have learned after using BobCadCam over the years is that the problem usually ends up being the nut between the chair and the keyboard.

Ernie

Downloads
    Uploads

Funniest thing i've read all day! I'de come just to read and drink my coffee!

Although i can see how someone who LIKES the disruption and antics might not get it or think poorly of it!

Maybe they'll use THIS post to promote THEIR load of doo... []

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    With posts like this, there won't be too many new users to worry about.
    Usually if a guy is standing in a room, shooting himself in the foot, offering him YOUR gun, reflects poorly on you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Burr,

Right now is the time to offer you a great THANK YOU for all the times when you patiently helped me work through my issues with BCCD

Ernie

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieD View Post
    Burr,

Right now is the time to offer you a great THANK YOU for all the times when you patiently helped me work through my issues with BCCD

Ernie
    Hey Ernie,
    Thanks! I've learned alot from people like you. Your willingness to work your process is INVALUABLE for me!

Downloads
    Uploads

Speechless Ernie,,,that is what the FORUM is all about

Downloads
    Uploads

Both threads on the topic bore me......
    I would imagine most (if not all) potential buyers would have downloaded the demo and played round with it .....
    If they didn't like it the way it operates........ why buy it in the first place ???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is this a good place to ask how to turn off the 'tip of the day' message?

j/k Haha. Use V25 Mill, just discovered this sub forum existed.

Downloads
    Uploads

go to help,click on tip of the day/then un-check the box

anything else ?

This is the place to ask any and all questions

Welcome to this hidden sub-culture

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    go to help,click on tip of the day/then un-check the box

anything else ?

This is the place to ask any and all questions

Welcome to this hidden sub-culture
    LOL - looked like a fun thread, was playing role of annoying new bobcad user. Just a haha, not really a question.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    JAAC*
    * (just another autocad clone)
    What's wrong with being an AutoCAD clone? All modern cars are essentially "Ford Model A clones", and thanks to that drivers don't need to take a $800 3-day training seminar whenever they trade their Mercedes for a Toyota.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    All modern cars are essentially "Ford Model A clones".
    Describe how to move off and get into top gear in a Model A, then try saying that again without knowing you are wrong ;-)

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Describe how to move off and get into top gear in a Model A, then try saying that again without knowing you are wrong ;-)
    Disengage the clutch by pushing down the left foot pedal. Move the shift lever to the "low speed" position. Gradually release the clutch, lightly pressing the accelerator pedal at the same time.

Release the accelerator pedal and disengage the clutch. Move the shift lever to the "second speed" position. Gradually release the clutch.

In other words, just like any modern stick-shift car. (You are probably thinking of Ford Model T where the controls were indeed different.)

DO YOU THINK NEW BOBCAD USERS CAN BE INITIALLY VERY DIFFICULT AND BORING-driving-model-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

No, you got it right, it's just that that system wasn't Ford's idea, it was done before so the Model A was a "Clone" of something else ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads

You liked that didn't you?

Downloads
    Uploads

I guess the problem is that most people have learned to expect CAD systems to work in a resonably similar manner, now if that is the right way is another thing.

Newbe's probably get frustrated at the unfamilier command names/descriptions that are associated with Bobcad.

I prchased Bobcad, not for the cad but for a cheap way to access the moduleworks cam kernal, and I dont want to go down a route like Fusion 360 with a free CAM package thrown in.

I have been able to manufacture items that were beyond my dreams of a couple of years ago using Bobcad but it is one hell of a learning curve.

B.

P.S for a really intuitive CAD package look at MOI, now MOI with Moduleworks attached would be a killer CAD/CAM package.

Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V30 Mill 3 axis Pro, Bricscad V14 and MOI V3 with CNC-Step High Z 1000S and Wabeco CC-F1210

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer View Post
    I guess the problem is that most people have learned to expect CAD systems to work in a resonably similar manner, now if that is the right way is another thing.

Newbe's probably get frustrated at the unfamilier command names/descriptions that are associated with Bobcad.

I prchased Bobcad, not for the cad but for a cheap way to access the moduleworks cam kernal, and I dont want to go down a route like Fusion 360 with a free CAM package thrown in.

I have been able to manufacture items that were beyond my dreams of a couple of years ago using Bobcad but it is one hell of a learning curve.

B.

P.S for a really intuitive CAD package look at MOI, now MOI with Moduleworks attached would be a killer CAD/CAM package.
    I believe there is at least one member on here that agrees with that statement "MOI"

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I believe there is at least one member on here that agrees with that statement "MOI"
    Lol.... Rapanui!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast