Problem Bobcad V29, some conflict with Office programs.......

Thread: Bobcad V29, some conflict with Office programs.......

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bobcad V29, some conflict with Office programs.......

Hi all,

I run Bobcad V29 in demo mode on a Windows 8.1 (64 bits) and Office 2010 Pro, and since the installation of Bobcad,
    every time I start an Office program, I get a pop-up screen from Office that says: Microsoft Office 2010 Pro configuration in progress...
    and then my Office program start. We have another installation here (full version V28) and it's the same thing.

But at home with a Demo (V29), Windows 10(64 bits) and Office 2013, everything is fine....

Any hints

Thanks a lot.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bobcad V29, some conflict with Office programs.......

It's not a bobcad issue , it's an issue with office . It's happened to me 3 or 4 times over the years with no reasonable explanation . There are numerous so called fixes online since this is a fairly common occurrence , but I found it easiest to uninstall and reinstall office .
    If you do a google search then you may find that one of the fixes will work for you

A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks dertsap, at least I''m not the only one who had that issue.
    Office as been reinstalled once, but I'll keep looking for more solution,
    so if it's not a Bobcad issue, it will help me to search at the right place.
    I will post later if I find something.

Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tancuda View Post
    it will help me to search at the right place.
    Look in your add-ons. You should be able to enable and disable them there to check them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the help guys,
    at the shop all computers are locked, so we have to ask a tech to investigate, so I did.........
    We did turned off (uncheck) the 2 add-ons that was in there, same problem, even if in safe mode (hold CTRL when starting an Office program), it did run fine.
    The tech repaired Office, same problem.
    We did this from Microsoft web page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-word-or-excel,
    but the tech didn't repair after uninstalling Access database so I don't know if it would have worked !
    So we uninstalled Bobcad and everything was perfect.
    We went to bobcad Website to download again a trial version and we only had a choice for 32 bits version (V28) or 64bits version (V29).
    We installed V28 and it's all ok !!
    But I want to run V29 !! I suppose my 2010 Office Pro is the problem, but the company will not soon change it.
    But wait.... My coworker has V28 (Full version) with the same Office and Windows and it's the same problem !! I'm lost

Thanks and sorry for my english

Last edited by Tancuda; 05-29-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the help guys,
    at the shop all computers are locked, so we have to ask a tech to investigate, so I did.........
    We did turned off (uncheck) the 2 add-ons that was in there, same problem, even if in safe mode (hold CTRL when starting an Office program), it did run fine.
    The tech repaired Office, same problem.
    We did this from Microsoft web page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-word-or-excel,
    but the tech didn't repair after uninstalling Access database so I don't know if it would have worked !
    So we uninstalled Bobcad and everything was perfect.
    We went to bobcad Website to download again a trial version and we only had a choice for 32 bits version (V28) or 64bits version (V29).
    We installed V28 and it's all ok !!
    But I want to run V29 !! I suppose my 2010 Office Pro is the problem, but the company will not soon change it.
    But wait.... My coworker has V28 (Full version) with the same Office and Windows and it's the same problem !! I'm lost

Thanks and sorry for my english
    BobCad DOES use the access database engine. It should be the 32 bit version. You may have another app that installs or uses the 64 bit version

we can fix this. Please have you tech come here (Or we can do the back and forth a bit longer)

Please tell what is listed in the key values at this registry branch:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\ Common\FilesPaths

There will be some hoops to jump through. (Especially since things have been getting uninstalled and such)

This confirms that you have a 64 bit version of the Microsoft Database engine 2010 installed...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks BurrMan,
    I'll try to get that info in the registry by myself, if I can't, I'll have to ask for the tech again and it could take
    some time (big company here...). Since we installed V28 and it's ok, I'll just verifiy the registry of my coworker's computer that has the same problem.
    Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally I can't play in the registry, but anyway, I'll wait the full version and then from there I'll let the technical service of Bobcad handle it.

Thanks guys

Downloads
    Uploads

from there I'll let the technical service of Bobcad handle it.
    Thats cool. Be sure to let your techs know that bobcad will need access to the registry if they are going to fix it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, great
    thanks BurrMan