Need Help! Need to convert .txt to .dfx gcode back to cad

Thread: Need to convert .txt to .dfx gcode back to cad

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need to convert .txt to .dfx gcode back to cad

Hi all. I had a good working program but win10 deleted it, and its too late to recover. I need a program to convert .txt back to a .dfx file. I specify .txt to .dfx, because I downloaded something to convert gcode to dfx,, but it would not recognize any of my txt files. I save everything as a .txt

Anyway, the one I had was very simple. It just required the user to open the cam file, and save the dfx file. Simple, and it would save in the same file folder as the original cam file. Any help greatly appreciated. I drew up a new part in bobcad, then generated the gcode,, then deleted the dfx,, so it never got saved at all. I do have the gcode as a txt though.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rccars4sal View Post
    Hi all. I had a good working program but win10 deleted it, and its too late to recover. I need a program to convert .txt back to a .dfx file. I specify .txt to .dfx, because I downloaded something to convert gcode to dfx,, but it would not recognize any of my txt files. I save everything as a .txt

Anyway, the one I had was very simple. It just required the user to open the cam file, and save the dfx file. Simple, and it would save in the same file folder as the original cam file. Any help greatly appreciated. I drew up a new part in bobcad, then generated the gcode,, then deleted the dfx,, so it never got saved at all. I do have the gcode as a txt though.
    The problem with converting gcode back to geometry is its not the original geometry. Its an offset path by tool config etc.

I guess 1 exception would be if the code was just a simple, single line engrave.

Post your code and i can try.