BobCAD Declines to Register Product

Thread: BobCAD Declines to Register Product

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry BobCAD Declines to Register Product

So...

I buy BobCAD V19 and 20 with BobART and BobNEST... $1200, back in 2005.

I registered it a couple of times on my machines... throughout the years, but was unable to fully engage in my project due to my wife's cancer, and the deaths of 5 family members over the years. Whatever the reasons... it was on the back burner.

I finally get a machine together this month, load my BobCAD software and call in to register it.

Sorry, they say, can't help you. we don't register old products anymore.
    They passed me on to Steve, out of the Arizona office. He offered to upgrade me at a "reasonable price".

I just wanted my paid for in full software to run. Nothing wrong with the software, nothing wrong with the operating system or machine. They just needed to run their key-generation software and give me a code.

Nope...

I suggested they could sell me a deprecated version for $50 that they could register...(since, for some reason they don't have their key-generation software anymore kicking about), perhaps like V26 - something old, but usable.

Nope...

Steve said he talked to his VP about the situation and called me back minutes later.

Sorry he said, there is just nothing they can do.

Have a nice day.

I told Steve that I am highly disappointed in BobCAD and that I was naive back when I bought it the first time, ignoring warnings I saw online about the integrity of BobCAD.

Lesson learned...

Buyer beware... BobCAD does NOT have your back... just your money.

Be careful, they are an entirely dishonorable company.

If you're going to respond here to defend them, don't waste your breath or typing - I don't give a crap how wonderful they are to others... They just screwed me.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BobCAD Declines to Register Product

Quote Originally Posted by nicholsaz View Post
    Be careful, they are an entirely dishonorable company.

If you're going to respond here to defend them, don't waste your breath or typing - I don't give a crap how wonderful they are to others... They just screwed me.
    I'm sure there's a solution but I'm also sure it isn't having a rant about software you bought 12 years ago, a new thread with a request for assistance from the community and not so much of a big fat whinge might yield what you need ;-)

- Nick

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I'm sure there's a solution but I'm also sure it isn't having a rant about software you bought 12 years ago, a new thread with a request for assistance from the community and not so much of a big fat whinge might yield what you need ;-)

- Nick
    You're right... There was a solution after all.

I had an interesting experience with BobCAD today...

This week I discovered that my version of BobCAD was out of date and I was unable to actually register it anymore... I went on a rant when some miscommunication made it seem like I had no options.

Steve and Kenny (Senior Sales Dept folks) fixed the misscommunication after hours and on their own time and came to my rescue.

BobCAD REALLY stepped up to the plate when I didn't expect them to.

Turns out, at the end of the day, they do have your back.

Lesson learned - Update your software to newer versions and rely on BobCAD to get you going in the right direction.

Humble pie...

Downloads
    Uploads

We really are glad you are up and running.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    We really are glad you are up and running.
    +1
    Good to hear!

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nicholsaz View Post
    You're right... There was a solution after all.

I had an interesting experience with BobCAD today...

This week I discovered that my version of BobCAD was out of date and I was unable to actually register it anymore... I went on a rant when some miscommunication made it seem like I had no options.

Steve and Kenny (Senior Sales Dept folks) fixed the misscommunication after hours and on their own time and came to my rescue.

BobCAD REALLY stepped up to the plate when I didn't expect them to.

Turns out, at the end of the day, they do have your back.

Lesson learned - Update your software to newer versions and rely on BobCAD to get you going in the right direction.

Humble pie...
    Great to hear BUT unacceptable. Why do I have to spend time on the phone with BOBCAD sales to get my keys that I paid for . As for updating to another version WHY! I did and it was a catastrophe! This is total GANGSTER! If anyone has a solution let me know. READ BELOW!

Hi I just called BOBCAD and they told me they would not register my 5 seats of BC21 anymore. I was so pissed ! I run Mastercam and Solidworks now days but I have old files with the CAD saved that cannot be converted. I understand not supporting it BUT I paid for the programming and they should either make it open source or give us a way top install it. Anyone else have this issue? I tried their 25 and paid for it . At that time it blue screened all of my computers. We never found a solution so we abandoned it. Bobcad could not fix it either so Bye bye to my old friend. I have used BC since 1995 and I was just floored that they threw away our relationship. I would appreciate any ideas or comments on ways to get the program running again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ddrianTT View Post
    I tried their 25 and paid for it . At that time it blue screened all of my computers. We never found a solution so we abandoned it.
    You haven't made an adequate effort to help yourself, instead of whining that your PCs don't work with software that hundreds of others are clearly running with few issues you should find compatible hardware on which to run your investment!

I'm running V25 and have had it work on a range of Windows 7 HP Compaq Laptop and Desktop hardware without issues, sometimes your hardware is crap for the software you want to run, none of the PCs I've used have cost more than £40 to buy (VGC ex-corporate hardware) I've then upgraded RAM, Processors and Graphics as appropriate/possible.

Failure is what you get if you insist on saving $100 on hardware to run $1000 of software!

The HP DC5850 with AMD Athlon X2 processor will run your V25 very nicely, if you fit a current graphics card.
    Update the BIOS to the latest version it will support a Phenom 2 Quad core 3.2GHz and 16Gb RAM and V25 will really fly.

- Nick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

They took care of mine the other day!! Awesome call support and explain!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ddrianTT View Post
    They took care of mine the other day!! Awesome call support and explain!
    That was very Homonymous of them.... Totally Gangster!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That was very Homonymous of them.... Totally Gangster!
    I get that ... This is the person that took care of it.

This is your contact if you want your 21 re energized. I am very satisfied with the service...but Kenny asked me this question... Why didn't you tell the person on the phone that you had 10,000 files with the .cad file name? REALLY I did!!! Why should I have to explain when I have 5 seats? Don't make sense. I also said why not just make it open source.... Never will happen. Someone said best software they ever made.... For me it was their pinnacle.solidworks.BobCAD-CAM, Inc
    Kenny Stiles

28200 US Hwy 19 N Suite E

Clearwater, FL 33761

727-442-3554 ext 117

kstiles@bobcad.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Did V21 have a "Trail Period" where it was fully functional for several days after install and reverted to "Demo" unless activated?

I picked up BobCad as a sponsor when I was competing in robot combat. Had a great relationship with them for a few years then the VP left the company. Was promised BobCad for life for all the great advertising I gave them, their logo on our robots and even kept them onboard as a sponsor on the next big project, a UAV to fly to the edge of space.

Computers don't last forever and when mine crashed I called for a registration code to make the software usable. I was offered the opportunity to purchase the latest version. There was nothing wrong with he older version I had and was familiar with it. It did all the basic stuff I need for 2d laser cuts and some mill work.

Now, they claim they can't give me a registration code. (did they throw away all their key gen software? I doubt it!)

The TRUTH is they don't keep their promises and $$$ is the bottom line no matter what.

Don't take my word for it. Google bobcad reviews and see for yourself.

Is a sentance fragment?

Downloads
    Uploads

At this point we ALL know this is not true…

I mean, how ridiculous the claim really is?

“Nice wonderful long standing customer calls for a bit of help. Al Depoalo slams the phone down and wont return customers repeated attempts at contact!!!”

Lmao. Does this stuff still work on people?

I mean really…. We’ve gone from “they wont stop calling and relentlessly wont leave me alone, to they slam the phone down and wont except or return my calls!”

At this point we ALL know this is not true…

I mean, how ridiculous the claim really is?

“Nice wonderful long standing customer calls for a bit of help. Al Depoalo slams the phone down and wont return customers repeated attempts at contact!!!”

Lmao. Does this stuff still work on people?

I mean really…. We’ve gone from “they wont stop calling and relentlessly wont leave me alone, to they slam the phone down and wont except or return my calls!”
    Google Bobcad reviews. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bobcad.com

Is a sentance fragment?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tristar500 View Post
    “Trustpilot”

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Yeah, the internet is a cess pool…

Downloads
    Uploads

I am in the same boat...I had v25 forever. My computer kept crashing after installing some grinding software...nonetheless...I had to reinstall my operating system. I didn't even think about deauthorizing BobCAD, now BobCAD says that can't help me, but they will take more money...lol
    This just happened today!
    Anyone know the algorithm for their old keys and codes?
    Screw it, I'll just hand code it.