Need Help! Rotate stock in Bobcad V28

Thread: Rotate stock in Bobcad V28

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Rotate stock in Bobcad V28

I am struggling with what I thought was going to be a simple part. I have a rectangular part with a curved top. Through the the part is cut a foil shape at a 15deg incline. My plan was to set the stock on my table with a 15deg wedge under it and mill away. This would allow the bit to plunge into the foil at the correct angle. The problem is I can't figure out how to incline the stock in Bobcad. I can figure out how to incline the part, but not the stock. I'm coming up with a lot of air milling since the tool paths are being created for overly large rectangular stock pieces. Any help is appreciated.

Bobcad V28
    3 axis router table
    Material is UHMW PE

Rotate stock in Bobcad V28-capture-png

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Rotate stock in Bobcad V28

You will need to create a Stock solid to make this easy
    To rotate the stock to the correct angle you can select the "side" UCS for the plane that you want to rotate the stock in.
    Next go to the "Rotate" utility under the "Utilities" Tab, now where it says "Angle Around Axis" type 15 in the Z axis box, now left click on your stock solid to highlight it, it should go Red, now right click and select OK and you should get a preview of the new position of the stock, if it is what/where you want it then just click OK again and you are done, then cancel the Rotate Utility.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The buttons inside the rectangular box in this picture are used for orienting the stock axis. So if you click on X Direction and choose the straight at the bottom, it will auto rotate the stock to be parallel along the x axis to the edge you selected.

Rotate stock in Bobcad V28-stock-wizard-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

I dont think he wants to actually rotate the "stock". I think he wants to rotate the "origin", so that "z up" posts out at his angle value.... if he rotates the stock, z zero will still just be posting out the same...

Then as engine described, he can select a solid object as stock, and use the trim to stock within the features to eliminate air cuts...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I dont think he wants to actually rotate the "stock". I think he wants to rotate the "origin", so that "z up" posts out at his angle value.... if he rotates the stock, z zero will still just be posting out the same...

Then as engine described, he can select a solid object as stock, and use the trim to stock within the features to eliminate air cuts...
    All,
    Thanks for the replies. I am trying to do exactly as Engine described. That part is done.

BurrMan,
    Can you elaborate where in "features" I can "trim to stock". I've looked and can't seem to find the option anywhere.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sgalway View Post

BurrMan,
    Can you elaborate where in "features" I can "trim to stock". I've looked and can't seem to find the option anywhere.

Thanks
    Sorry, I didn't realize it is a feature limited to versions. Looks like it's "Pro" version?

Selecting Operation Stock

But just ask your questions here. You can get help with various things.