Problem Lathe bobcam v5 is aggravating me again! Is this fixed in V6 or V29?

Thread: Lathe bobcam v5 is aggravating me again! Is this fixed in V6 or V29?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lathe bobcam v5 is aggravating me again! Is this fixed in V6 or V29?

Ok this has been a long time peeve of mine. If you have a part like a pulley for example where you have 2 sides that are full diameter and a recessed portion between them, so far ALL versions I have used have been a pain to get good toolpath.

I bought v6 recently and I am waiting for the download link but I had to start programming it today with v5. So I tried a few different things.

I tried using the grooving feature and if I select the 2 vertical walls and the floor the tool will cut the 1st full height wall off. Also, there is supposed to be a chamfer on both walls breaking the outer edge but if I select that geometry (.005" chamfer in this case) the toolpath only goes down the depth of the chamfer all the way across the recess area. So I posted the code and Manually went in and changed the depth to get the part program ready to run. NOT very time effective! I messed with the lead-ins and lead outs but they wouldn't give me what I needed.

Anyone running V29 or V6 that can tell me if this is fixed or not? I am sure anyone else who uses lathe would have run into this, It could be me but I think I am pretty good with bobcad having used it since v17 and pretty much every version since then.

TIA
    Eric

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lathe bobcam v5 is aggravating me again! Is this fixed in V6 or V29?

Wow, 54 views and no comments? Maybe I am the only one using lathe?!

I thought SOMEONE would have something to say.

I will call support this morning but it was after hours last night when i ran into the issue so I thought I would check here to see if anyone else has the same problem I have.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lathe bobcam v5 is aggravating me again! Is this fixed in V6 or V29?

I don't think there are many bobcad lathe users. Also not very many v5/6 users, most buy the standalone package.

I do not have any lathe experience, just 4 axis milling.

Work: Hurco VMX42/VMX50 - Shopsabre 4896 - HSMworks with Solidworks
    Home: RF45 with Ajax CNC Controller - Fusion 360

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I just downloaded v6 and as far as my problem.... IT JUST WENT AWAY!
    THANK YOU BOBCAD!

I just downloaded v6, opened the same file back up. Then opened the same grooving feature re-computed the toolpath and it went exactly where it was supposed to go YES!

In the few minutes I have had to explore since loading it I see a big improvement on the lathe side. It seems like the toolpath computes way faster than it did with v5.

Time will tell but right now I am 1 happy customer!

Downloads
    Uploads

So I ran the part and it ran just the way I wanted it to. V6 and I would assume v29 lathe seems like a BIG improvement to me.

we all like pix so here is one of the part in question. 303 ss 1.5" diameter stock to start.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lathe bobcam v5 is aggravating me again! Is this fixed in V6 or V29?-imag0009-jpg