Need Help! Bob Cad early version 16,17,or 18?

Thread: Bob Cad early version 16,17,or 18?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bob Cad early version 16,17,or 18?

Hi,
    A few years ago I bought a 1979 BridgePort CNC mill. I finally got it running recently. The mill had been upgraded with a controller that allows it to be run from a PC. The controller is obscure. I don't think it was around for very many years and it wasn't sold very widely. It was called Artisan. I am having trouble getting proper G Code for it. When I bought the mill it included 2 floppy discs with Bob Cad Version 16.1 on them. I can't get them to load onto the computer. Do I need a key or password of some kind to get it to work? If so, will I ever be able to find a key for it? If not is there a chance I could buy an old version of Bob Cad like this? I think I need an old version 16 or close to it. The reason I need an old version is because I read somewhere that version 16 or 17 actually specified a post processor for Artisan.

Any thoughts or advice?
    Thanks a lot
    Rob

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bob Cad early version 16,17,or 18?

Fayette,

We no longer support or register those versions. More than likely, we would be able to create a post processor for the machine even in the newer software, as generally, machines that old take very standard code.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDa View Post
    Fayette,

We no longer support or register those versions. More than likely, we would be able to create a post processor for the machine even in the newer software, as generally, machines that old take very standard code.
    I have the disks and they won't cost me anything if I could just use them. You are saying I have to spend hundreds of dollars for new software just to do something I already have? Doesn't really seem fair.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fayette,

I understand your frustration, but the software you specified has not been supported for quite some time, and has been retired. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.