Problem V29 in Windows 10 hitchy

Thread: V29 in Windows 10 hitchy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default V29 in Windows 10 hitchy

I'm running BobCAD V29 on a Windows10 laptop that meets or exceeds recommended requirements.

Ever since the 3/14/17 Windows Update (incl Adobe) BobCAD is hitchy. In fact it's just plain unusable.

I also have V29 on a Windows 8.1 laptop, which has also had the Windows Update installed. It seems to work Ok on W8.1, but not so much on W10.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: V29 in Windows 10 hitchy

I don't let Window update it's not worth the trouble to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

You should really treat BobCAD as the Enterprise Application it is and once you have a good working system not add any software you don't have control of, including updates, this would also mean that ideally you don't use the same PC for general internet surfing etc. to minimise security risks.
    I know the above isn't practical for everyone but it's a way to increase the chances that your software will do what you want, when you want ;-)

- Nick

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

With over 100 views and no one else reporting similar trouble I uninstalled KB4015438 and ..........viola back to normal.
    Have I mentioned just how much I hate MS?
    I installed a legacy version of Lotus123 onto the same 64bit W10 laptop - never thinking it would work. Fooled me. It works like I do, all the time.
    Have I mentioned that I hate MS?

Thanks for the replies.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Papineau View Post
    Have I mentioned that I hate MS?.
    You shouldn't really, it's been a great enabler over the years, what I hate is the way Microsoft change perfectly functional things for the sake of change itself, perhaps their motto should be

"If it ain't broke change it anyway, then you can fix it"

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

MS has been a great Moneymaker to be sure. I could go on a long rant about MS but it won't change anything. I think it's very interesting that a nearly 20 year old application like 123 will install and function when newer MS apps will not. What's that tell you? It tells me it's obsolescence by design, or in simple terms "Kaching $"

Downloads
    Uploads

Windows 7 is great for Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Windows 7 is great for Bob
    Windows 7 is great, anything later, unless you're a surfer or gamer, not so much.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's baaack!

W10 has already decided it wants to reinstall the Wupdate that I removed. This is beginning to look like it's going to be a perpetual problem. I keep seeing that W10 is a "service', that must mean that it's no longer an OS.

I was going to add a 2nd bubble drive to a desktop box I3core running W7Pro 32bit. I still need the 32 bit OS for legacy software, so by adding a 2nd drive I could have W10 64bit on the bubble. Methinks I have to find a W7Pro 64bit install disk.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

All this is a super easy fix. For starters don't use the ultra snoopy windows 10. I use a dedicated laptop for Bobcad, all wifi is disabled, no internet connections, there is no need to have any sort of internet connection to a Machine tool cad cam system. Unless you have some sort of cad system that needs to constantly report / steal information and send it some place into infinity. I never get any messages about updates or nothing. No computer virus software needed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ever since the 3/14/17 Windows Update (incl Adobe) BobCAD is hitchy. In fact it's just plain unusable.
    Does your PC have integrated graphics? There's apparently an OpenGL bug in that Windows update that affects a lot of programs. I think it only affects Intel 4000 integrated grahics?
    UCCNC users have experienced issues with it as well.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)