Problem some spots will fillet, other not, same angle....

Thread: some spots will fillet, other not, same angle....

Downloads
    Uploads

Default some spots will fillet, other not, same angle....

Man, it just seems like I can not get bobcad to work consistantly for me. Seems I am doing something wrong constantly, pretty frustrating. On this example, I am trying to put a .0625 fillet on each side of the radius, and one side works, while the other size shows a point, and of the other four spots that are the same, only one of the three will work. What the heck could I be doing wrong? I built the radius's that I am trying to fillet using translate and copy, so they are the same, but will not act the same. So tired of constantly hitting a wall. Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on this time......? please? In the pick, the left side did the fillet properly, right side is the failed attempt.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails some spots will fillet, other not, same angle....-cnczone1-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: some spots will fillet, other not, same angle....

Open your file and save it as a SAT file. Close out and now "open" the SAT file. Start fillet and attempt the .0625 fillet on the left side (nothing happens). Now fillet both sides!!!!

If you merge the file, you will have to go to prefs and crank the mesh angle of surfaces to full first.....

Something is odd with the tolerances in the file. I wasn't there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: some spots will fillet, other not, same angle....

Quote Originally Posted by billsnogo View Post
    Man, it just seems like I can not get bobcad to work consistantly for me. Seems I am doing something wrong constantly, pretty frustrating. On this example, I am trying to put a .0625 fillet on each side of the radius, and one side works, while the other size shows a point, and of the other four spots that are the same, only one of the three will work. What the heck could I be doing wrong? I built the radius's that I am trying to fillet using translate and copy, so they are the same, but will not act the same. So tired of constantly hitting a wall. Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on this time......? please? In the pick, the left side did the fillet properly, right side is the failed attempt.
    I opened your file in V29 Demo and took the measurements off it and re-created the solid in V28 and it seems fine here, see the attached file if it is what you need.

cnczone2-Modified.zip

I did the shape in 2 ways, the second one was to just extract the edges and then fillet the wireframe, then it was only a matter of extruding it the 0.33 thickness required.
    Not exactly the "proper" way but it is a quick and decent enough "workaround", if you run into that issue again it is worth remembering the alternative

What I did find was that the top lines between the points where the rads were needed were made up of two lines instead of a single line, one long and one very short which may have affected the way you created the surfaces.
    Also, another thing that often happens if the surface geometry isn`t exactly at 90 deg then the solid fillet won`t work, if the 0.0625 rad isn`t critical you will find that trying a 0.060 rad will work fine, often works with slightly smaller rads, as for why it does this sorry but I have no idea, only know it does and the "workarounds" that work to get past the issue

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro: