Need Help! Bobcad is painfully slow on any computer V26 also tested demo V29. Why? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bobcad is painfully slow on any computer V26 also tested demo V29. Why?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bobcad is painfully slow on any computer V26 also tested demo V29. Why?

Burr,

I put in a request for future versions to automatically set the graphics to the high performance card.

Sean P Daugherty
    BobCAD-CAM Technician
    727-489-0003

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDa View Post
    Burr,

I put in a request for future versions to automatically set the graphics to the high performance card.
    Thank you kindly, sir.

As an added note, for those "optimizing their system", i would look at disabling the onboard graphics at the bios. I'm not familiar with his bios but at the very least, it should have a "prefered device" setting. Such a righteous card he has!

Now he can go back to performance options and set them to "beautiful" as opposed to performance. I think it was the dual graphics chips that made the difference...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bobcad is painfully slow on any computer V26 also tested demo V29. Why?

Burr,

There is no need to disable at the bios, it can be done through the nvidia control panel as a global setting. Please look at the attached picture for reference.

Bobcad is painfully slow on any computer V26 also tested demo V29.  Why?-capture-jpg

Sean P Daugherty
    BobCAD-CAM Technician
    727-489-0003

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not even sure that you can disable the onboard graphics in most newer laptops. Since most Intel CPU's now have decent onboard graphics, they use an automatic switching setup to keep the machine cooler, and extend battery life.
    When I first got my laptop, I looked in the bios to see if I could disable it, and couldn't find that option.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

ger,

I believe it varies by manufacturers. Some will give the option, others won't.

Sean P Daugherty
    BobCAD-CAM Technician
    727-489-0003

Downloads
    Uploads

Burr,

There is no need to disable at the bios, it can be done through the nvidia control panel as a global setting. Please look at the attached picture for reference.

Bobcad is painfully slow on any computer V26 also tested demo V29.  Why?-capture-jpg
    Yeah i got that part. It may be just me from a ways back when "2 cards and driver sets was a bad thing".....

But ger chiming has me consider they have managed it better?

For laptops (which i havent used) it may also be different because you dont have to denote which device to boot to, for monitors etc, which makes my point moot...

But i would imagine he wants everything running off that card.

Maybe the glodal settings on that driver can select the prefered also? As opposed to the program settings alone? (This is just for anything else as he got his bobcad straightened out now)

Been eyeballing a new rig myself. Still havent decided if i'll stay xeon and qquadro or go i7 and titan!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Burr,

The setting in the picture is the global setting, which you can define if you want the control panel to auto-select,use integrated by default, or use high performance by default.

Sean P Daugherty
    BobCAD-CAM Technician
    727-489-0003

Downloads
    Uploads

Burr,

The setting in the picture is the global setting, which you can define if you want the control panel to auto-select,use integrated by default, or use high performance by default.
    Sorry Sean, didnt expand the picture on my phone... global it is!

Thanks again!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think it is best to select the Nvidia card as needed. It runs hot and the fan is always running, which can be annoying if you are not using an app that needs it. After a few days of use on the large files, this card is very fast and instant. I tried copying and pasting the 11k elements to see where it would slow down, and easily over 50k elements is was not an issue. I did crash the app when I got over 100k elements. There is no need to turn off layers.

Thanks for the help guys. I highly recommend the Nvidia GTX.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bobcad is painfully slow on any computer V26 also tested demo V29. Why? SOLVED

I cannot seem to change the status to solved. I can't edit the first post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123