Need Help! Bobcad is painfully slow on any computer V26 also tested demo V29. Why? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bobcad is painfully slow on any computer V26 also tested demo V29. Why?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bobcad is painfully slow on any computer V26 also tested demo V29. Why?

Hi Burrman
    Sorry for the miscommunication ! I have a desktop computer that is small format that I was wondering about a video upgrade without breaking the bank?
    Thanks GD

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HPbyGD View Post
    Hi Burrman
    Sorry for the miscommunication ! I have a desktop computer that is small format that I was wondering about a video upgrade without breaking the bank?
    Thanks GD
    Hey GD. Well it can get tricky. My only suggestion would be you could look at the best spec'ed card that was offered with your computer and upgrade to that if you want.

Trying to match the latest greatest on something slightly older can be problematic (or not)... motherboard/chipset architecture etc....

Otherwise look at something entirely new...

2 cents...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bobcad is painfully slow on any computer V26 also tested demo V29. Why?

Hi Burrman
    Thanks for your help ! :-)
    GD

I have tried both a GTX card (older 450 1MB) and a Quadro K5000 in my setup. The old GTX actually ran stuff faster then the k5k. But I also found that the GTX was less stable and crashed more. Could be that the K5K has ECC memory, not sure.

I really wish BCC would utilize more cores on the ECU though. Would help speed things up tremendously I would think.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HPbyGD View Post
    Hi Burrman
    Thanks GD
    Just did that.
    I had already checked that all the hardware in the dc5850sff was supported in WIndows 7 and I've just put a new ASUS NVIDIA graphics card in a 7 year old small form factor HP Compaq desktop, I looked in the box and ensured the card was half height before buying it, half height end plates are available on eBay.
    At the same time I flashed the BIOS to the latest version which supports the Phenom 4 core processor I bought and will support 4Gb DIMMs.

Nick

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123