Problem Extreme Z depth in Post?

Thread: Extreme Z depth in Post?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Extreme Z depth in Post?

Hi...any idea what would make Bobcad adjust Z dimension ridiculously high in post?

In Simulation it runs as it should....but every project this z number is worse and worse. Depth should be in the .250" range.
    This work piece is 12" x 12" with 1/4" pockets.

It has worked fine but now all of a sudden every post is worse and worse. It is happening no matter what post I use also.

Currently using Mach3-Mill-NoATC post.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Chuck

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extreme Z depth in Post?-capture-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Extreme Z depth in Post?

I had a huge problem with v28 totally screwing up z heights. Made no sense. Called Bobcad and sent them the file and my post. Their reply was simply that I couldn't use a 3D tool path on my design and that was the problem. Made no sense to me and even he agreed it shouldn't work that way but he knew it did. 2D toolpaths worked accurately. After v24, 25, and 28 I forced myself to try Fusion 360 and cannot believe how happy I am. Bobcad called me 2 days ago to sell me more. I told him I switched to Fusion and it stopped him in his tracks. He politely said ok, I'll update your file so we won't call you anymore. He literally had no comeback to Fusion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I am using Fusion too and the post was fine. Just hate that I paid that much and have little to show now.
    That same Bobcad guy (or one of their other used car salesman) called me and I told him this problem and he said he would get back with me...not.

I think I found some problem...when I show my machine in Simulation it shows the little scale symbol as a huge number and you can't see the machine. I have to reconfigure the machine and see if that has something to do with it. Again...it was working and I changed nothing but I hardly want to fix the post on all Z moves.

Downloads
    Uploads

Found it...the Holder Transform on my machine parameters was some number like 5 billion...moved it to 0 and all is well again. Weird it would do that... Thanks for any thoughts...
    Extreme Z depth in Post?-capture3-png

Downloads
    Uploads

In V-29 watch your drill depths.If you move the part and update all geomtetries your drill depth will go back to factory settings also same withl c-bore and taps I'm glad I double check everything

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wildman2,

This is correct and incorrect at the same time. If you are working with wireframe geometry, this can happen. If you are working directly off a solid, and select the inner surface of the hole for geometry, then the software will use that to define the parameters for drilling.

Rakmup and Laap,

Please PM who you spoke with in support that either did not get back with you, or provided incorrect information and I will look into that for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Some random forum Dude
    After 3 versions of BobCad, it CANT Cut a single pocket!!!!!!! I called a tech and got him on the file and he told me, yeah, BobCad cant cut pockets!!! I FINALLY switched to FUSION, and all my dreams have been answered!!!! I got this hot blonde girlfriend. A new corvette limited edition was dropped off at my door, with a BAG of MONEY in the front seat!!!! And MY HAIR grew in TWICE AS THICK as it was a month ago.... As soon as I told the BobCad guy, who called me the other day, I was using FUSION, his face fell off and his teeth fell out. I swear he had NO REPLY. He was begging for my forgiveness. I said maybe.... Then he started crying. That was the last straw for me.

Just remember, As long as you NEVER use BobCad, all these great things will happen for you. If you use BobCad, a guy will call and cry to you on the phone!!!
    Hey..... Me too!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Yup,same here,,,,now I use Illustrator for all my needs

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDa View Post
    Wildman2,

Rakmup and Laap,

Please PM who you spoke with in support that either did not get back with you, or provided incorrect information and I will look into that for you.

Thanks SeanDa...but I do not recall his name. Just one of these Hey Buddy kind of guys. And no worries. I have been a pain to every guy who calls because I feel I was ripped off. I have a 4 axis machine and the software I was sold is 3 axis plus rotary. No true 4-axis. Plus I had to buy the machine simulation that I assumed was included because it was in a lot of screen shots. Didn't realize all support was pay per view either...just a garage guy...no profit so free software is much better for me.
    I am learning Fusion and will transition. Calling it "experience" at this point.