Need Help! Bobcad software glitch

Thread: Bobcad software glitch

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bobcad software glitch

New to the forum and need some help please. Bobcad is zero help!
    We use a 2 axis hotwire machine for cutting EPS foam. I do my 2D drawings in Autocad and import them to Bobcam to tool path. ( software version 19.3 )
    All has been working good until today. My program has always been done in X and Y coordinates. Out of the blue my Y has been replaced with Z. Needless to say none of my programs. will work on my machine until I can disable my Z and get my Y back.

We are a production company and I'm kind of stuck in the mud until I can get this fixed.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Mike

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bobcad software glitch

Quote Originally Posted by mstire View Post
    New to the forum and need some help please. Bobcad is zero help!
    We use a 2 axis hotwire machine for cutting EPS foam. I do my 2D drawings in Autocad and import them to Bobcam to tool path. ( software version 19.3 )
    All has been working good until today. My program has always been done in X and Y coordinates. Out of the blue my Y has been replaced with Z. Needless to say none of my programs. will work on my machine until I can disable my Z and get my Y back.

We are a production company and I'm kind of stuck in the mud until I can get this fixed.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Mike
    Are you in "LATHE Mode"? A blue diamond on the main toolbar. There is also a tick in the coordinates tab. (NOTE: I don't have the version. Just read the manual)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you BurrMan
    YES! I I was unknowingly in lathe mode. Problem fixed. I use so little of this software's capability it didn't even dawn on me there was a lathe mode. All makes sense now. Must have activated that button somehow.
    Maybe you can help me with another minor issue?

While trying to figure out my Z problem I lost my vertical tool bar on the Cam side of the software and can't get it back. Any ideas?

Thanks again, I'll rest easier this weekend.
    Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Second problem solved. Got my tools back in the FILE drop down menu in environment settings.
    Thanks again BurrMan, you made my day.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mstire View Post
    Thank you BurrMan
    YES! I I was unknowingly in lathe mode. Problem fixed. I use so little of this software's capability it didn't even dawn on me there was a lathe mode. All makes sense now. Must have activated that button somehow.
    Maybe you can help me with another minor issue?

While trying to figure out my Z problem I lost my vertical tool bar on the Cam side of the software and can't get it back. Any ideas?

Thanks again, I'll rest easier this weekend.
    Mike
    Well, that's good Mike!

So the "Toolbox" config is under "ENVIRONMENT" in the file menu. The environment dialogue has a "toolbars" tab. You can also double click an empty toolbar area to go into customization. I think if you right click a "toolbar item" it brings up a dialogue with a few selections that might be that toolbox/toolbar. But I'm not overly familiar with the ancient stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads

Caught me typing! Good luck....