Need Help! Wierd error

Thread: Wierd error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wierd error

I had a computer crash and when I reloaded BC v28, (lost my posts, too) I got an error on only some of my files "smooth corners factor must be greater 0. and lower 100.". Grammar notwithstanding, what does it mean and how do I fix it? I looked through my posts and machine descriptions and couldn't find a reference.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wierd error

Is the error located in a file with "advanced rough" features? If so, look at the "options" tab of the feature.

The only thing I could think of if THAT is the case is you haven't got back to the same "build level" that the feature was created with? Or more randomly, the reinstall is corrupted/incomplete somehow.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Is the error located in a file with "advanced rough" features? If so, look at the "options" tab of the feature.

The only thing I could think of if THAT is the case is you haven't got back to the same "build level" that the feature was created with? Or more randomly, the reinstall is corrupted/incomplete somehow.....
    Yes, it is in advanced rough and I have reloaded to the same level or higher than when the original file was created, the only difference that should/could/might make a difference is that I'm not using the same machine and post but another file made at the same time seems to work fine. So far as I can see, there is no setting for corner smoothing that is accessible to users either in machine definitions, Advanced Rough or the post though I do stand to be corrected.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

L98,

Change the pattern option to Offset, then go to the options page and check the button labeled smoothing. Then check the smooth corner option and and change the number to a value between 0 and 100. When you import a part from an older version, this can sometimes happen, in which the assigned value is greater than the current value. This relates to the changes that were done to smoothing. Even if the current pattern you are using does not actually utilize the value, the values are are still checked to make sure they fall within the allowed range.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sean, that solved the problem, thanks.

Do those settings affect anything else or only offset roughing?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

L98,

I believe just offset, but the options change based on the pattern chosen.