Problem choppy G01 moves instead of smooth G02 and G03 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: choppy G01 moves instead of smooth G02 and G03

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: choppy G01 moves instead of smooth G02 and G03

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDa View Post
    Jay,

Just looking at the positions in Predator, the code seems to be running OK, without it being choppy in Predator. Try that new post with an arc fit tolerance of .005 and a machining tolerance of .0005 and stepover over .5 or less and see how it works with the new post outputting the correct arc plane. That may have been the issue possibly the entire time.
    still outputting a bunch of straight lines where it should be arcs... ive attached an update of what i have done. you can see them when you run simulation.

unfortunately i dont have a digital copy of the g-code list that i can supply you. we did send one to you when we had our post built. this will have to do for now as i cannot spend any more time on this job.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jay_dizzle View Post
    still outputting a bunch of straight lines where it should be arcs... ive attached an update of what i have done. you can see them when you run simulation.

unfortunately i dont have a digital copy of the g-code list that i can supply you. we did send one to you when we had our post built. this will have to do for now as i cannot spend any more time on this job.
    is there a reason that the Lace angle could not be changed to 90 and it would be just long lines side stepped?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails choppy G01 moves instead of smooth G02 and G03-sample-lace-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jay,

Can you pm me your customer ID?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RAF. View Post
    is there a reason that the Lace angle could not be changed to 90 and it would be just long lines side stepped?
    not really no, my boss asked me to have it cut this way specifically because he likes the way it looks better lol, im just doing what i am told, he signs the checks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDa View Post
    Jay,

Can you pm me your customer ID?
    I'll have to see if i can dig it up, pretty busy at the moment..

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you both for the effort, probably wont hear from me until the new year now. Happy holidays!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jay,

Just shoot it to me when you get a chance. I hope you have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jay_dizzle View Post

Was there a resolution to this issue? I am seeing the same thing, a bunch of G01 commands instead of G03 with a center part.
    I am cutting a variable radius on a cylinder, should just be a bunch of arcs at different depths. Is there a way to tell BobCad " just make them arcs" ?

choppy G01 moves instead of smooth G02 and G03-bobcad-toolpaths-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails choppy G01 moves instead of smooth G02 and G03-bobcad-toolpaths-jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12