Problem Adaptive rough stepover V26 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adaptive rough stepover V26

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Adaptive rough stepover V26

I just read this to my 2 brothers. They laughed at me. We are currently digesting some pipi kaula, poke kamaboku, lomi lomi slamon and poi, cuttle fish,porkageese sausage and a few others. My kids are running around having a good time!

My wife, 2 sisters in law and my sister dont really understand or care why i torture myself here.

Downloads
    Uploads

So, my bad, as I was originally replying to JR who was talking about the 2d adaptive process and the stepover not equating to a divided tool diameter!

Zero Divide if you decide to enter this ****ttshow,,,,,this is what is in question on topic to thread

the late entry to the show aaron,,ignore that,,,for now,,,,that is easy

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by arronpatton View Post
    So are you saying you have a fix for my issue and are too cool for school to share with the rest of us and are going to make us wait for when your ready? I really am confused by this post because if this is a legitimate glitch and there is a fix I sure would like to know what it is. I gotta say its a bit of a jerk move to intentionally withhold helpful info on a community forum designed to help and troubleshoot. If it makes you feel special to know something that I dont about the BobCAD software I dont want to be the guy to take away what makes you happy.

two thoughts,,,,
    1 a little off topic as we were talking 2D
    and,probably cause you don't know,,,,,say you live in middle USA and you are wanting that answer now at 10 pm,,,where Burr lives is like 7 or 8 hours time difference,,,Aloha
    We can agree to disagree,but we don't attack each other on these forums
    we are all unpaid actors

BTW,now knowing you are talking 3D,,please start a new thread,,,my first question would be,what version are you using ??
    Burr hinted at that,,,,there was a known glitch first release back then

Downloads
    Uploads

So, in V26, with regard to the 3axis advanced rough adaptive dialogue, there is a hidden value that "HiJacks" the stepover setting, and needs to be ticked, to bring it out from the cold.

You do this by choosing the "Zig Zag" option under the patterns page. This add's an extra entry on the Parameters pages, that exposes the value. It's called the "Conventional stepover" where you can set different values for either direction. You need to "tick that value on and change it". Once you do this, you can untick it, and go back to zig only, then the step in the parameters page will be free again.

So despite the abuse, I know there are others that follow along the forum, looking for some help. Here's a quick video that shows how to get the stepover working in V26 3axis advanced rough, adaptive.

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe what the OP had was the bug indeed.
    A 1% radial will in no way translate to 0.100" WOC.

With that said it is important to understand that most HSM or Adaptive toolpaths operate with a value called Tool Engagement Angle. And depending on geometry, you may get different Width Of Cut for the same TEA. In other words the % or stepover you enter in toolpath parameters will not be used directly and wil vary depending on the curvature of the toolpath.

IE. In the outside corners you will often see larger width of cut than you programmed.

This approach is not without drawbacks as it sometimes leads to tool overloading and snapping. Most often when machining (again) outside contours with sharp angles.

Different manufacturers come up with their own ways of solving this and other issues, and they even patent their solutions.

http://hsmadvisor.com/
    Advanced Feed and Speed Calculator

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zero_divide View Post
    I believe what the OP had was the bug indeed.
    A 1% radial will in no way translate to 0.100" WOC.

With that said it is important to understand that most HSM or Adaptive toolpaths operate with a value called Tool Engagement Angle. And depending on geometry, you may get different Width Of Cut for the same TEA. In other words the % or stepover you enter in toolpath parameters will not be used directly and wil vary depending on the curvature of the toolpath.

IE. In the outside corners you will often see larger width of cut than you programmed.

This approach is not without drawbacks as it sometimes leads to tool overloading and snapping. Most often when machining (again) outside contours with sharp angles.

Different manufacturers come up with their own ways of solving this and other issues, and they even patent their solutions.
    That sure sounded like a more intelligent way to explain it. Thanks for chiming in.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanx Zero

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123