Problem Adaptive rough stepover V26 - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adaptive rough stepover V26

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Adaptive rough stepover V26

Download a free trial of HSM Adviser,,,,good to have in tool box

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adaptive rough stepover V26-304-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Holy Jesus guy! Forget what the professionals and non professional alike say is the right or wrong amount of step over. What I am asking is..........WHY CAN I NOT CHANGE THAT AMOUNT IN THE SOFTWARE? I truly dont understand how to simplify the question anymore than that. Lets say for learning purposes I want to intentionally put in the wrong information and see what happens. I navigate to the page in the 3 Axis Wizard, I select the adaptive rough feature, I click on the box that says STEPOVER and I input a specific value, I run the program and take notes of the performed tool path. I then do that exact same thing but this time I put a different value into the STEPOVER box and run the toolpath expecting to notice a change to the cut profile except there was no change! The cut profile is the same no matter what value I type into the STEPOVER box. So, again, WHY AM I ASKED........BY THE SOFTWARE........ TO INPUT A SPECIFIED VALUE........ OF MY LIKING....... INTO THE STEPOVER BOX.........IF NO CHANGES WILL TAKE EFFECT...........WHEN THE PROFILE IS CALCULATED.......? Why are you trying to get me to understand the concept of the adaptive roughing process and the math behind it? Thats not at all what im after but thats where you keep taking the conversation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by arronpatton View Post
    Holy Jesus guy!.
    Well, thanks Arron, but really, I cant compare myself! I am flawed.

So, my bad, as I was originally replying to JR who was talking about the 2d adaptive process and the stepover not equating to a divided tool diameter!

So, THIS is what you are talking about, in the "3Axis Advanced Adaptive rough?

Downloads
    Uploads

Burr
    Certainly looks like yours changes when the stepover is altered and it does change in my V28 using the Adaptive roughing just the same

Could be he isn`t re-computing the toolpaths after making a stepover change ? ? Just a guess

Regards
    Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Burr
    Certainly looks like yours changes when the stepover is altered and it does change in my V28 using the Adaptive roughing just the same

Could be he isn`t re-computing the toolpaths after making a stepover change ? ? Just a guess

Regards
    Rob
    Hey Rob,
    No, it WAS a bug in that initial implementation. But hey, what do I know.....

Last edited by BurrMan; 07-10-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats exactly what im talking about. I assure you Rob I am re-computing the toolpath. I have tried on several different part files and still no change. Ive sent a request into BobCad for some help two days ago but havent heard back yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats exactly what im talking about. I assure you Rob I am re-computing the toolpath. I have tried on several different part files and still no change. Ive sent a request into BobCad for some help two days ago but havent heard back yet.
    And just watched a video of v26 changing the stepover!

Lol

Downloads
    Uploads

So, my bad, as I was originally replying to JR who was talking about the 2d adaptive process and the stepover not equating to a divided tool diameter!

Still need hit over the head to not believe there is a problem in 2D Adaptive step-over

I get change when I change step-over,,,but they may as well use the letters of the alphabet to quantify the amount

I use it all the time,,,but I also tend to measure the result before I run at the machine,,,,BECAUSE it is not right

JSYK,,I consider HSM Adviser the best out there for HSM Feeds and Speeds app,,,,,,when they suggest a WOC,you can be assured there is no Hocus Pocus in the numbers that they suggest

Downloads
    Uploads

I got computer envy at the speed of your computer Burr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I got computer envy at the speed of your computer Burr
    Lol. Well, its starting to be a little insufficient for some things, but the stability is righteous.

Been looking at an upgrade soon. Ouch!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    And just watched a video of v26 changing the stepover!

Lol
    But for those that watch the forum and actually want the answer, dont worry. I'll spill the beans on the bug in a few, and how to unstick, his stuck value.

Downloads
    Uploads

will you hit me over the head with a sledge hammer and solve my issue
    or
    should we just agree to disagree ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    will you hit me over the head with a sledge hammer and solve my issue
    or
    should we just agree to disagree ?
    Hey jr. Well, the "tool diameter division" vs the "amount of stepover calculated as a percentage" i guees we will have to agree on the disagreement. I showed how 10%of a .5 endmillds engagement stepover is the .03's and .04's you said you got. It wont be .05.... so....

Downloads
    Uploads

Unless i missed that you were also talking about something other than that.

Downloads
    Uploads

No I get your thoughts,,not questioning that,but from a machinist point of view,,,don't care,,,need to work numbers all day long,,,you ask for %10 stepover for a 1/2 EM,,,the MAXIMUM amount should be .050 at the maximum point of cut,,,,otherwise it is just useless information,,,as I said,,,HSM Adviser will work the best numbers of all the other variables involved,,,,also "experience" is also a gift you get after years,,,but to have one part of the equation up in the air,,,makes for unnecessary computations to sucess,,,CAM is only a part of the success of machining,,,especially economically,but still making bank

Burr,I said it before,you would love to machine and no doubt be a quick teach
    When you actually are the green button pusher,,,a new outlook arrives

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, you're over my head with speeds and feeds and when and why. But one thing about the "adaptive" is it takes over alot of that as variables to the calcs of "high speed". Like i believe a standdard paths uses the set values, despite the "tool". The adaptive you should see things change even by just changing the "flutes" of the tool. I dont think the standard makes those types of changes. (I could be wrong) but, trying to take total control if the hsm paths is less optimal, i think.

But again, we're out of my area anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

Again,,,much time and effort,,and actually real life proven has gone into HSM Adviser,HSM is their primary goal

I have had the owner of the software on here briefly before

Perhaps I should invite him here now

Pretty damn cool to have the developer/owner answer questions directly,,which he does on the other place all the time

Pretty trusted app in the pro's machining

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    But for those that watch the forum and actually want the answer, dont worry. I'll spill the beans on the bug in a few, and how to unstick, his stuck value.
    So are you saying you have a fix for my issue and are too cool for school to share with the rest of us and are going to make us wait for when your ready? I really am confused by this post because if this is a legitimate glitch and there is a fix I sure would like to know what it is. I gotta say its a bit of a jerk move to intentionally withhold helpful info on a community forum designed to help and troubleshoot. If it makes you feel special to know something that I dont about the BobCAD software I dont want to be the guy to take away what makes you happy.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK,I E-Mailed him,,,for the sake of no arguments,,,noone is wrong or right,,,I am anxious to see what matters as far as what his app needs to be %100

Pretty sure BoB was not a major consideration as he developed it (may be wrong)

but I know many of the big players were,,,very respected in industry

BTW,BoB's Machinist Calculator is very,very basic,,,and pretty old,,not much variables or tool types or coatings,pretty weak spot in the software,leave alone,believe originally developed before HSM became a household word.
    Machinist Calculator was actually bought by BoB years ago
    It will get you close,,,sometimes,,but really has no place in any shop

Downloads
    Uploads

So are you saying you have a fix for my issue and are too cool for school to share with the rest of us and are going to make us wait for when your ready? I really am confused by this post because if this is a legitimate glitch and there is a fix I sure would like to know what it is. I gotta say its a bit of a jerk move to intentionally withhold helpful info on a community forum designed to help and troubleshoot. If it makes you feel special to know something that I dont about the BobCAD software I dont want to be the guy to take away what makes you happy.
    Well, theres an answer!

What i said was i would post it in a bit. I am currently at a family gathering, with my sister in town, who i havnt seen in a few...

But with that response to me, arron, go shove yourself! YES! i know that issue from the past, and i CAN make yours work! But hey, you've been a jag off from your first post.

I'm sure there is another here who will remember it, and want to help you out. Dont worry. But asking me for anything now, seems kindof.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast