Need Help! Make feeding holes

Thread: Make feeding holes

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Make feeding holes

I'm using BobCad v24 for Wire EDMing. I have a drawing that I want to cut out but I'm having trouble making the holes that I need to make for the feeding of the wire. I need 6 different holes and the coords of them so that I can drill them in and then use my EDM machine to cut out the rest. I'll have to be using a manual drill press so making codes for a mill won't be helpful for me. Here is what I have so far. Sorry had to save in a dxf format cause I was trying other cam demos to see if I could get it to work.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Make feeding holes

From what you've asked it looks like you want to manually drill 6 holes on a drill press, but your question is rambling and not clear.
    If you don't want codes for something which can drill the holes for you then one assumes you need to mark your zero on the stock, measure and mark out your work, punch the centres and drill the holes?
    I can't see why you'd be using a CAM system for manually drilled holes unless you were using a machine that could wield a spot drill or mark the work!

- Nick

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need the 6 holes so that my machine can thread the wire then cut out what I need then cut the thread and move to the next hole and thread and cut and so on. Ill just have to make it all a continuous cut then and forget about doing the holes. Thanks anyways!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Holzy View Post
    I need the 6 holes so that my machine can thread the wire then cut out what I need
    That bit came through, what was unclear was how you expected software to help you with a manual drill press.
    In CAD you can add dimensions from your zero to your holes but that just gives you a set of measurements for hole locations from a chosen point, are you asking how to put points on your cut lines, how to get dimensions from them when you've added them, how to get points from the drawing onto the work, all three, or something else?
    Regards,
    Nick

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

i make this in that way: I construct points in the circle center, then I join that points with a line. After that I generate the toolpath of the line, here I have the midpoints in my G-code as XY coordinates for the start drilling for Wire-EDM..

Ingo (Germany)