Need Help! Cannot find Machinist Toolbox within V27 ?

Thread: Cannot find Machinist Toolbox within V27 ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cannot find Machinist Toolbox within V27 ?

The salesman for V27 said I would have the Machinist Toolbox built into version 27. I cannot find any way to get to it. There is no link in the Modules, drop down, or anywhere else. I also looked through my computer to see if I could find it thinking maybe I just did not get the icon upon install. I cannot find anything.

So, how do I get to it?

The salesman told me to ask tech support and that did not know offhand how to access it. I have submitted a request, but I figured I would ask here also since they probably won’t respond until tomorrow.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cannot find Machinist Toolbox within V27 ?

My tool box is stand alone, with no links or pathways from Bob. Its some better than feeds and speeds built in to V27.... that I can see.

Downloads
    Uploads

BoB bought Machinist Toolbox a couple years ago.
    It is offered as a separate standalone software.
    The feeds and speeds that BoB's Tool Library uses is taken from the Machinist Toolbox.At least that is what I understand,
    Machinist Toolbox is more than just speeds and feeds,it also does conversions,trig and math,bolt hole circles and a bunch of other things that are useful.
    So depending on "literally" how the salesman worded it,,he could be correct to an extent,,or BoB just may owe you a copy of the Machinist Toolbox,assuming the salesman mislead you.Worth a call to check it out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, this is what I wanted and thought I was getting. You know how their salesman are. I asked about it more than once and he kept saying you don't need that, it is built into version 27. I surely thought he would know or he would be trying to upsell me. I am going to be upset, because that is what I thought I was going to have when I negotiated the price. It was one of the tipping factors to go ahead and upgrade.

Downloads
    Uploads

Calm down jevs,
    One thing that BoB does,they record all calls.If he said as you say,I am sure they will follow thru.Give them a call.
    And yes I like the stand alone version.I keep it on my task bar for fast reference.That said,I also have another speed and feed calculator too.More tools to do the job.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I read that somewhere. Hopefully they will make sure I get the full version that I thought I would get and not just try to say that some if it's functionality is built in.
    This is the third upgrade from them and I never even used the other two because I have too many projects So, I hope they consider me a good customer by now.
    This time I am going to use it though! I have a part to make and another project on hold until it gets made. So, now is my chance to buckle down and figure this out.

Downloads
    Uploads

jevs

The salesperson may well be right up to a point if he says the Toolbox isn`t really needed as most of what it does is already in V27, there are big advances in V27 compared to previous versions and it may be simply a small misunderstanding/miscommunication

jrmach is right, call them and it will be sorted out very quickly, does it show as a purchase on your Invoice ? ? ?

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Downloads
    Uploads

No, it is not on the invoice, but I clearly wanted it and asked several times only to be told it was built in and not to be bought separate for v27. It is not an item in the license tree of V27 either.
    We will find out today. I am sure they will respond. So far they have answered most things pretty reasonably. I just have a feeling it is going to turn into an ordeal that costs me more money or I end up without it, but I hope not. I really am pretty busy right now and already lost a bunch of time yesterday just trying to look for it and ask people and send them the emails.
    I also wasted some time because the editor was missing a file for v27 after I uninstalled V25 (had to wait for de-authorize code). It was still looking for it in the V25 locations even when opening from within v27.
    I finally had to wipe and reinstall V27 and that fixed it. It kept my license info intact, so that was good. I tried a repair at first thinking their was less chance it would uninstall the license (which then would not be properly de-authorized). Not a big deal it worked out, but did consume my time. I did figure it out, but I pretty much lost all of last night with no progress due to these couple things.

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like they are going to take care of me! I just got an email with a $0 charge invoice for the Machinist Toolbox along with a link to download it. I am not sure how it authorizes (no code on the invoice). However they message said a tech would contact me on activating it. I will have to wait until tonight to install and try it.

It appears that the real version is not built into V27 and it should have been a separate invoice item I guess. Either way it looks like customer service is going to do a good job on this one in rectifying it for me with no further questions. So, that is good!

Downloads
    Uploads

Just in case anyone wants to know, this is the procedure to activate it:
    Registering your Software:
    •Open the Machinist Toolbox software
    •Click on the Registration Tab
    •It will produce a registration number, copy this and send to registration@bobcad.com
    •They will then email you the Unlock Code, Username and Company Name to enter

This is may knock me out of getting to use it this weekend. I cannot get to my computer to do this procedure until after 5PM Central and then will have to wait for a response. The registration is a bit clunky, but I am happy the main issue of not getting it at first was easily resolved.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Calm down jevs,
    One thing that BoB does,they record all calls.If he said as you say,I am sure they will follow thru.Give them a call.
    And yes I like the stand alone version.I keep it on my task bar for fast reference.That said,I also have another speed and feed calculator too.More tools to do the job.
    All calls recorded? I thought you had to be informed if calls are recorded that is why I always thought the other end would use the expression for training purposes or some other reason.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sales calls RAF

Downloads
    Uploads

I do not know if they do, but the person that reported they do here is not the first post I saw that said that. Either way, they did not ask me any questions and just supplied the software based on my requests and questions, so it makes me think they must have verified somehow that I should get it and not just taking my word for it...??
    I would rather they do record the phone calls in this case, but they should inform you I suppose. I don't recall a message saying it was recorded, but I cannot honestly remember. With all the licenses and different software options and going back and forth on pricing and how many seats etc., not having it recorded and having a dispute could be hard to clear up. I do see why they would want to record them.

Downloads
    Uploads

They have staff that works till 7pm, so you might be able to get your software running tonight yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I found out the hours. Thanks. As long as I get home on time, I should just make it in time if they respond quickly.