V18 lathe

Thread: V18 lathe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default V18 lathe

I have version 18 software which I use for both lathe and mill. When I switch the software to lathe mode the lathe(Z,X,Y) setting in the environment automatically turns on. When I go into the environment settings and turn off the lathe(Z,X,Y), the software goes back into mill mode. I can't figure out why this happens being that Y values in lathe programs are not needed, and its a bit of a head ache having to remove these unwanted values.

I would be very thankfull if any one has any ideas to share.

Thanks,

Dan S

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,

If I understand you correctly, I think you need to include a line in your NC setup|conversion window, that will remove the Y values from your lathe postings:

Original:
    {Y-*[0-9]*.[0-9]*}

The corresponding line in the
    Convert to:
    window, just leave blank.

Make sure your lathe drawings are in 2d mode, so that the entities are not placed in some screen Z plane other than Z0.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hu,

I tried it and problem solved. Where did you aquire the knowledge to solve this type of problem, since the manuals for the software don't provide this type of info? Could you recommend some training material on custom macros for Fanuc mill and lathe applications?

Thanks again for your help!!!!!

Dan S.

Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, Dan, I think this nc setup info is in the bobcad help.

If you want to know more, you should check in at www.bobcad.com and check out the support forums. I wish I knew as much as I've forgotten about all the stuff I wrote in there about scripting and such

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default V18 manual

The V18 manual has a complete setup guide with exact steps to setup a post processor. There are 2 sets of this checklist so that one can be used and one left along for future use. The NC Conversion function is also covered in the manual as well.
    CNC dude